Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 19 Ch. 158 - The Girlfriend and the Boyfriend (Part 2)

@LysandersTreason Thank you for saying it how it truly is.

The guy is wasting his youth and college years, throwing every help under the bus. His parents should disown him if they ever find out what he did.
At this point, you cannot even call Kazuya and Chizuru friends. They are seller and buyer.

Chizuru is selling herself. While not in a sexual way, she still makes huge amounts of money and it is doubtful that she would ever stop since she does not even have to do much. The most physical interaction we have seen initiated from her side, outside of accidents, was hand-holding.
Where did that money go anyway? Kazuya alone has given her thousands by now and she was doing it long before the series started (as she was already an established name at the beginning).
If everything went into the movie, one way or another, then the message is even more horrible. It implies that you have to keep pursuing your dreams even if it means financially ruining yourself, in the hopes that someone will come along and help you.

Mami is a horrible person, but at the very least she was honest and broke up with Kazuya.
As a result, he desperately tried to fill the void and instead of focusing on improving himself or self-reflection, he got an addiction. If this is supposed to be romance then we might have some low standards.

Dex-chan lover
@Kronous
Same boat here, I started reading again when the anime came out and I wasn't really surprise that nothing really fundamentally changed.

Dex-chan lover
@deanwinchester I mean her excuse for WHY she's doing the job is "to get better at acting," (even though all she does is act like a doting girlfriend, and is something virtually every girl is capable of). And economically, she says she uses the money to pay for acting lessons. For all WE know, she could have a Kazuya in love with her and spending his paycheck on her every night of the week.

I mean look I get it. Kazuya is lonely. I know lonely. I've been single before, and gone to strip clubs, gotten lap dances, etc. And unfortunately like Kazuya, I was poor, could never consider having enough money to take one home for the night (and yes that's often an option, even if it's "not allowed" just like at Chizuru's establishment). And what was my favorite part about going to a strip club? It was having a girl sit on my lap and be lovey-dovey with me. I didn't care about how well she could wiggle her butt. I just wanted to be held and have attention paid to me. Of course it doesn't fill the hole inside you, because even if the girl genuinely likes you as a person, it's still a pay for play thing.

And strippers do often genuinely like their customers. But it's not the same as a friendship. Although I did have one stripper ask me out on a date (where she paid for everything, even). We were both college students at the time. But yeah, if they actually like you, you'll know it!

Now personally I feel like the author will have some bullshit where Chizuru like, thinks back to the past about the many times Kazuya has helped her and she'll basically be suddenly overcome with love for him. But that's not really the way it works. That's not how women experience attraction. Being "nice" doesn't make them wet or give them the tingles. So yes, the author can come up with any ending he wants, but the work will be judged based on whether that's the kind of thing that would actually happen in real life - and any ending with Kazuya and Chizuru together is farcical and unrealistic.

@LysandersTreason Mami's on a weird spot with what seems to be good ol' "arranged marriage" subplot. We got the tease of her brother saying their dad is gonna get mad at her ass for hanging out with college boys but not much happens about it. There's also her talking to Kibe at the end of a chapter, and following the liquor store's twitter before she goes MiA/replaced by Kouhai-chan.

Kinda weird how we got endgame Kazuya before he devolved back to 2good2bearealgirl bootlicker virgin.
U19.png

Fed-Kun's army
End game is Mami coming back to badmouth Him, Mizuhara saying how great he is and confessing, the End.
You are welcome. to my delusions

Fed-Kun's army
She has no choice but to engage girlfriend mode if he rents her through the agency. If he had just asked her out like a normal person she could have acted however she wanted. She could have vented, cried, raged, whatever it took to get out her grief. If this arc doesn't end with her at least pointing this out so MC can realize he needs to treat her like a person rather than a product/service, then I might finally actually just drop this.

has the author forgot that kazuya saved chizurus back in the start then also helped her at the booze party then with the flim
and
He still makes her like "I don't like him but I don't not like him either"
and
The protagonist is still the same as in the start
and in every chapter there is a panel of he praising chizuru or other girl(but that doesn't offend me)
the main problem is that
"Will She ever fall in love with him?"
Or
Kazuya gonna just end up working and waesting money on her to just make her fell happy when she is in gf mode
How is he gonna do it

But I am gonna wait and see it through the end as I can't control myself from not reading it 🙄

I kinda expect something better from Chizuru. A person working on their paid dates when her only relative passes away not long ago cant be that dense. Her acting just only make MC feels like a low-key buyer.

67k yen is $800+ Canadian dollars, OMG THAT IS SO EXPENSIVE

If they end up together she better returns all of that money

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what Kazuya has planned. There must be something else up in his sleeve. He just needs to calm the F down and take the lead. That amount of money too was a bit overkill as well.

Also seeing the comments againn... *sigh* the typical kazuya hate train again. same old same old.

Reminder that 90% of these comment sections is just Yuipollfag from /a/(a butthurt Rukafag who is also known as THK(Tsunhater-kun)) falseflagging with dozens of sockpuppet accounts.
He trolls many communities including:
/a/ 4chan
reddit
myanimelist
animesuki

Some of his main accounts:
In Myanimelist:
shanimebib
bastek66(also has an account named that here)
rytakahashi09
testamentKAISER

In Animesuki:
WingedAccelerator

Anybody who thinks these comment sections are trash, well it's because of one autistic Polish shitposter.
Search "bastek66 wykop" in google and you'll find his account there. Wykop is basically Polish reddit.
The dude is a nutcase and has been spamming /a/ and other communities for years.

That's basically a Galaxy S20 price here in Brazil of what Kazuya is spending just to CHEER HER UP. Besides, no fucking development, again. He's the same since chapter 1.

The spoilers for ch. 159 look promising.

There may still be hope to salvage this shitshow that is Kazuya's character progression... maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread