Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 19 Ch. 164 - The Girlfriend and the Boyfriend (Part 8)

Dex-chan lover
Not a common panelling method but, still works.
Now, he finally looks like a dependable MC.

And I believe not for long though 😆

Unlike the other time that he pulled back and didn't left too much time to reactions, what he said here, was a confession, taking advantage of her weakness would be scummy, but at least There would be less ambiguity about their relation if he doesn't chicken again.

Mr. @aerosn he isn't using her feelings for something ,you know the time when there's nothing to loose and things go such harsh on you that you don't care for the consequences , this may be the moment kazuya going through, here may he is obsessed by the "wall" mizuhara had made, now things have become enough for him , now he's crying inside by remembering what mizuhara is going through ,he is angry for 'wall" mizuhara hash made, there are a bunch of things going on inside him that now he can't tolerate, his heart is now so heavy that wants to cry himself, but look at him still there are no tears on that bastard's face, believe me on the next chapter I am not sure if he'll wrap his hands around her but he sure will cry.

@Shepard20

Wouldn't really say he took advantage of the situation. He knew that she was holding back and putting on a front, he knew she wanted to cry.

And he told her that its fine if she does.

If he really wanted to take advantage of the situation. He would hug her back to "comfort" her.

She was lonely, and she wanted to hug someone.

He let her do that, and he held back. You can see when she ran to him and "hugged" him/held onto his shirt: he grabbed her my the shoulders. He wanted to hug her, instead he clenched his fists and let go.

finally, some character development.
I think so far, Kazuya did good and this time
he finally stood up; so that's that. 10/10.

Dex-chan lover
@RienDaey this is the correct reasoning. Just because he could doesn't mean he should, even though would be a perfectly normal reaction if he did do it. He clearly made a decision with her in mind and not because he was too scared to do it. However, like others have said, the big win here is the way she finally opened up and allowed her emotions to run free.
Actually excited for the next chapter.

@frosty_Josh that's what I said earlier, he only needs to be here to listen, if he embraces her or not, not that is going to make too much of a difference, but in the surface both of them might look like is too much since their relationship is pretty ambiguous cause both of them use the rental thing as a shield to protect the status quo, and might damage their relation.
When I said about taking advantage was about talking about their relationship, cause isn't the right time, but has to be done sooner after Mizuhara calms down.

This is the moment we've been waiting for. Chizuru's emotional wall is finally broken. We're heading towards the endgame.
Now the last arc has to involve that Chekov's Gun with Mami to go off, and pursue developments from there.
Hopefully we can finally see why Mami is the way she is, and the story can come full circle.

Group Leader
HUUUUG HER YOUR STUPID

too many panels for hey trying to hold the cry, maybe worth it since she was keeping it too strong ?

Group Leader
As usual, the art is nice, and I liked the decision to spend panels flexing that and emphasizing the changes in emotion. Too bad the writing and the pacing sorta made the emotional impact a lot weaker imo. Anyways, this was a good important chapter for the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread