Just remember, a career, ultimately, is about getting paid, and money will always come and go. Scanlation projects, though, are forever.
Remember, a career is a means to an end. That end is an improved life for you and more ability to act upon the world. The career serves you, not the other way around.
And it's awesome your desire is to put more manga out in the world.
... also, d'oh, the drug is out of the plot. I was really hoping Mako would get a dose.
big fan of the tl notes and bigup to the tl team
Honestly, the comments I put at the end of the chapters are just whatever throwaway thought I have close to the time of working on or finishing chapters, but I really appreciate them being read and responded to. It's just something I continued doing in place of our last translator on Baki (though his had a much greater tendency to be more esoteric than personal) after he retired.
As far as the actual comment goes, currently at university I have a year of work placement coming up after this academic year is over, so I'm having to send out applications everywhere for all kinds of jobs and internships all while trying to figure out which ones will actually aid me most in the long run. The biggest contenders right now are civil service work (which may feel weird while being a notorious pirate), an administrative and advisory position at an international manufacturer's local branch, and, the highest aim of all, a short educational internship in Washington DC with the US government. I'm studying economics and hoping to work in something related to international trade or policy planning, so it's a pretty steep and daunting climb... yet, as I say, I seem to get more stressed about how up to date I am on scanlation. I think that's the biggest and most inevitable difference between career and hobby; people seem naturally predisposed to having their own enjoyment come before anything else, for better or worse. I definitely have to work on better compartmentalising that, but I'm just going on and on now.