Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku - Vol. 8 Ch. 61 - Imagination and Reality

Dex-chan lover
That was definitely refreshing.

Using an outside character as a way to sensitize the others about how this situation and prejudice doesn't make sense, and also making a background for that said character coherent with her personality was a really great move from the author.

i was right not to be worried ☺️ i have full faith in the author at this point that it's become a relaxing read. this is my comfort manga 💕

Dex-chan lover
nah fuck off madoka i want to see subaru defending chidori, my bro did not deserve getting the offscreen treatment and getting one upped by some nobody

Double-page supporter
That girl with the glasses is so epic... but those teachers should be fired honestly... but it is a private school so I guess they can use any reason they wan't to refuse students... it is tyranical... but honestly the confict of intrest tho... like I wouldn't stand for it...

Dex-chan lover
There's even one of the guys who is really intelligent.

And they are talented at other things, they seem pretty good with their hands in general. Rintaro himself will probably inherit his family's art.

So yeah. Maybe is time we stop thinking that grades are the only way to measure the value of someone

Dex-chan lover
Madoka: Uses logic and direct examples
It's super effective

She makes a fantastic point. If there's a debate team I hope I hope she's on it. I would have also asked, "so one of our best friends got a BF, would you rather sit around repeating what the teacher's say to scare us or ask her about it?"

I do think it's really unfortunate that it's the adults around them encouraging these misunderstandings was just depressing. The chapter with their, I assume homeroom teacher, essentially fear mongering about how their lives will be over if their grades ever slip and using the students attending chidori as an example probably without knowing a single one was just depressing. I'd be really curious to know what the suicide rate is at that school specifically and this could very easily be an entirely different story if that's the mentality enforced. It's also unfortunately a mentality I know isn't completely fictional especially within Japan (how Japanese society can be so hyper competitive and yet homogenous and discouraging to individuality I do not understand; like they're on both extremes). It's really sad when children's role models enforce such negative doctrines, and I really don't know how they expect to produce successful citizens out of their students if they're all so willing to believe rumors and concerned with external appearances.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter in particular, Madoka reminded me of Asuka (Hibike euphonium) and if you have watched hibike, you will understand me very well! 🤭

Users who are viewing this thread