Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 174

Dex-chan lover
Nishikata you lovely doofus.

How does that rice work? Is it just covered with a raw egg? Sounds odd, unless it is super hot and cooks the egg.

EDIT: Oh, they eat them raw. Never tried that, but I guess it must be tasty.

I've had raw egg on rice before, and I'd describe it as very slimy. Probably something that you wouldn't like unless you grew up with it like you might in Asia.
Might might experiment and try it with piping hot rice like @atropicalpenguin says for a sort of carbonara like effect and see i'd enjoy it more

I was wondering about that Catsuey. I was wondering if the rice was hot enough would it cook it enough to add flavor but not make it slimy?

Dex-chan lover
You just need to mix it a little bit and you can barely tell that you put an egg in (just by looking) it adds a "carbonara effect" yeah, quite subtle actually. It also makes the rice look nicer with the yellow of the egg and the shine of the white. The idea isn't to eat raw egg alone, like just sitting on top of the rice. You have to melt it in. Just like seasoning yeah that's the word I was looking for, think olive oil in your salad type of mix

Dex-chan lover
this is definitely the single best chapter of this iteration so far. bar none

the trick to eating rice with raw egg is to heat the rice up to a piping hot temperature, in which when the egg mix it will sorta cook it and get rid of the stench. also, if it's too slimy then you can put more rice in it. Happy trying 🍚🍚

Dex-chan lover
obligatory reminder that Japanese chickens are bred so the egg can be eaten raw

Author, I wish I could help you and give you what you deserve because this is amazing. Best I can do is wish you a long and happy life

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if raw egg with Japanese rice is good. I do know that the Japanese have an amazing recipe with cooked eggs. Cooked eggs marinated in shoyu. They usually eat it with ramen. I've made it at home, very good.

Users who are viewing this thread