Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 7 Ch. 44 - Fishing Village Canteen

Dex-chan lover
Me at page 8: "Uh oh is Yajin about to merc some children?"
Me at page 22: "Sorry kid, your childhood ptsd is about to start."
Jesus Christ people in this world, i know it's some sort of "more realistic" medieval times but holy shit is their first response to any problem murder or what ? how the fuck do they survive against monsters if the first thing they think is "who could i kill to get what i want" ?
It's an interesting question. Humans form social bonds and moral codes within their own communities, but those moral codes wouldn't apply to outsiders. Anthropologists who study pre-agricultural bands of hunter-gatherers note that when a member of the tribe tries to steal or rape too much within the tribe, they usually end up murdered. But the tribe is very willing to murder/steal/rape a neighboring tribe. The mechanic of "In-group vs. out-group" is common throughout the world. The new guy in town is a mark because they're outnumbered. Similarly the community will elect strongmen to protect their group from outsiders.

It explains why the town would be ok with a fratricidal monster as the head-fisherman and willing to murder and rob a traveller.

Dex-chan lover
so like, will he ever actually get to settle down somewhere? Cuz while it's fun watching him punching these shitheads, it's getting a tad bit repetitive. If this continues till the series end, I'd rather quit it now while I still like the series. Anyone who has read the novel spoil me pls.

Dex-chan lover
That one panel of him having planned his exit in advance and was rehearsing it in his mind as soon as he sensed conflict was a nice touch, if not a little sad.
I think it's the opposite, he needs to flee to keep Puppy safe, if he was on his own he probably wouldn't need to run. His dad instincts are stronger than his murder hobo instincts!

Fed-Kun's army
Anthropologists who study pre-agricultural bands of hunter-gatherers note that when a member of the tribe tries to steal or rape too much within the tribe, they usually end up murdered. But the tribe is very willing to murder/steal/rape a neighboring tribe. The mechanic of "In-group vs. out-group" is common throughout the world. The new guy in town is a mark because they're outnumbered. Similarly the community will elect strongmen to protect their group from outsiders.

It explains why the town would be ok with a fratricidal monster as the head-fisherman and willing to murder and rob a traveller.

Then again the manga is still set at a medieval-like era, meaning there should be at least some cultures with values surpassing those induced by hunter-gatherer xenophobia or the idea of murdering your way through life.

IRL some medieval cultures (like those in central Asia and even the middle east) were actually known for their hospitality, with inter-tribe wars more often breaking over politicking and stuff like marriage disputes rather than just xenophobia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread