Kare to Kanojo no Sentaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

ITT: People getting butthurt over people saying its trans as fuck and then proceeding to tell them they're butthurt

literally said sex change in the background and had the entire chapter be about acceptance of differences how tf is this not trans

Double-page supporter
i'm a sucker for the type of romcoms where the childhood friend turned out to be a girl all along, like Tomo-chan and a few others. really lets their background history have a different context after they've been reunited.

genderswaps are tricky at best because the process is always treated like magic. from the get-go it's making me suspend my disbelief for it to work. not that it's a problem but it's far less relatable. then again if they went full trans with it, that's a pretty dangerous tightrope to walk on and it would take a really good writer to pull it off.

i'm still in for the ride, but so far, i would've preferred the tomboy route compared to the homie-turn-girl.

Dex-chan lover
I still would've accepted this story if it went with the "Hana Kimi" route of a girl crossdressing as a man because of... stuff. I like the art and I feel this would turn out into an enjoyable story.

Dex-chan lover
It is butthurt when people hate just because a mishap with own taste. Let the author explain his logic first. Why do i think it can become a case when the childhood friend is actually a crossdress tomboy female but genderswapped into male

Dex-chan lover
Fuck off everyone who hates this. Gender Bender romance is a personal favourite genre for me. I love this so far.

Ah the good ol' "rare disease that switches your gender". Makes me somehow nostalgic of Ranma0.5

Dex-chan lover
The trick with most of gender bender Manga is that you can just skip the first chapter and usually second chapter onward will literally be a normal romcom

Idk why people are complaining about it not being trans.
I'm trans. I've always wished for stuff like this to happen to me when I was younger. Being trans is no fun.
Anyway this is a manga, let it do it's thing and if you don't like it don't read it? /shrug

Group Leader
That hit me directly in all my years in the medical school xD Enjoy the manga, people, it seems really wholesome and enjoyable, but I am an idiot unable to deal with that b*llsh*t of "disease", even if they add the fantasy tag lol

Group Leader
I don't get the issue people are taking with trans people finding this relatable. This discussion happens a lot in GB stories but is it so difficult to imagine that trans people might find some aspect of those relatable or interesting?

I'm trans and stuff like this is always a fun read. Esp when it tackles a lot of concerns trans people have in their daily lives. You might not see what we see, being cis people, but you can just ignore our Excited Trans Posting if you don't like us finding this to be relatable trans content.

On that note, I'm hella interested in this

Users who are viewing this thread