Kare to Kanojo no Sentaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

@darklight99 I’ve never said “gb yuri never happens” let alone go on every gb comment section and said it, how about you “stop making shit up”

I don’t know where your looking for this ranma stuff but if go to deviantart right now search ranma 1/2 and look through the first few pages of most recent, there is more ranmaxgirl art then ranmaxryoga, (and putting aside the others there’s as much shampoo stuff as ryoga stuff) I can only talk about what I’m seeing where I look and what I’m seeing is ranmaxryoga is popular but not as overwhelmingly as you are suggesting

Why are you talking about why one is more popular then the other where did this even come from? popularity has nothing to do with the subjectivity of whether someone finds one more interesting then the other, and it really doesn’t have that much to do with whether people are gay or straight I’m straighter then the undisputed path of light and I have a strong preference for yuri gb

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss You said that GB yuri makes up just 20% of GB stories and that too you can a huge over estimation, and I called you out on those bullshit statistics, as you can see in the comment before yours, there are basically equal amount of GB stories.

Also you look for anime fanart on fucking deviant art? Are you kidding me? No Japanese artist uses Deviant art.

@Neushaartje bro this was made by a Japanese, what did you expect? most Japanese are old school and don't give a shit about being pc or any of that

@darklight firstly the comment before mine was only a small selection of mangas not a great overall representation, so I have decided to go through all the gb titles on this website to make solid statistics (note the tally does not include ones where the protagonist switches back at the end, ones I haven’t read that I can’t tell from a quick skim of the description and/or the last chapter which they are, ones that were dropped or are incomplete without a clear indication of which way they will go if either and ones with no English translation what’s so ever) I am also pretty sure that’s I missed at least a few hetro while I am confident I did not miss any yuri which would slightly screw the results towards yuri appearing to be a higher percentage

Hetro mangas

Atari Nikki - Onnanoko ni Nacchau Hanashi (there’s only a few jumbled chapters of this so i can’t be sure but they accept being a boy’s girlfriend in the first chapter translated so I’m counting it)
Click
Idol Pretender
Glass Shoes
Balance Policy
Strange Mansion
trans-trans (although the ending is not definitive I think it’s heavily implied it will eventually become a hetro relationship between the main characters)
Kakumei no Hi
Jinzou Shoujo
Nyotaika Plus Kanojo
Body Swapped Fraternal Twins
Hanayome wa Motodanshi
Fukigen Cinderella's
Itsuka, Onii-chan no Oyomesan ni
Nyotaika Yankee Gakuen ☆ Ore no Hajimete, Nerawaretemasu
Full Moon ni Sasayaite
Junai Sensation
White Note Pad
How I met your father
Akane-chan Overdrive
Better Girlfriend (ive read a little of this and am comfortable saying it will almost certainly end hetro)
She Became Handsome and He Became Cute
Houfuku Kanojo to Koukatsu Kareshi
Sekainohate de Aimashou
Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another
CHANGE
The Basketball Girl
Shinyuu Ouji to Koshiginchaku
San Yan Xiao Tian Lu
I Am Worried That My Childhood Friend Is Too Cute
Momoiro Ome-chen
Nozomu Nozomi (it doesn’t end a definitive couple but the gg protag definitely likes guys so)
Succubus ni Tensei Shita Node Milk wo Shiborimasu
The Fallen TS Girl
When I Was Reincarnated in Another World, I Was a Heroine and He Was a Hero
Kanojo ni Naru Hi
Shishunki Bitter Change
Majo no Geboku to Maou no Tsuno
Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to
A Choice of Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Oretachi no Party wa Machigatteiru
I Am My Wife
Boku Girl

Total 43

55% of counted mangas

Yuri/shoujo mangas

My Dead Boyfriend Came Back as a High School Girl
Girl Reborn
Trans Venus (it’s futaxgb protag but I count it)
Tsukiyo no Fromage (canceled but you could tell where it was going)
Chirality
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl
Trans Star
Nyotaika Homo
Megu Miruku (only the very end)
Ore ga... Yuri!? (I Just barely)
Wedding Surprise
Conveni-N
From Today I'll Be a Goddess
Cylcia=Code
Karada no Ichibu Igai Nyotaika Shita Hanashi (I mean I guess guy into futa yuri counts?)
When My Boyfriend Became a She
enTrans!
Joshi Shougakusei Hajimemashita
Mana-senpai's Request
Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja (you don’t see much of her but the protag is practically married)
Bishoujo ni Natta kedo, Netoge Haijin Yattemasu (as a novel reader I fully exspect some yuri at some point)
Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made (the protag has a pretty blatant crush on a girl)
Samayoeru Tensei-sha-tachi no Relive Game (it looks like it’s going down the yuri route)
A Manga About a Hero Who Pulled Out the Holy Sword and Became a Girl
Tensei Kyuuketsuki-san wa Ohirune ga Shitai (as a novel reader there is a definitive yuri relationship eventually)
I Don't Really Get It, but It Looks Like I Was Reincarnated in Another World
Neta Chara Tensei Toka Anmarida!
Ayakashi Triangle
Onii-chan Is Done For!
Ultra Kaiju Humanization Project feat.POP Comic code (one go character has a blatant crush on another
KimoOta, Idol Yarutteyo (I expect yuri eventually)
30-sai made Doutei de Itara Mahou Shoujo ni Narimashita
Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous (according to xaelath)
Elf Deck To Senjou Gurashi
Tensei Pandemic
Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu (as a novel reader their absolutely won’t be a male love interest and as of on of the latest chapters a female love interest may have began to be established)

45% counted mangas

Ok so I will openly admit I was pretty off on my estimations however I know exactly why that happened, going through the list 16 or 50% of the “yuri” I included are 1 or more of these 3 things 1 the yuri/shoujo ai is only at the very end 2 it just barely passes by my standards eg ore ga yuri 3 it’s my speculation and no definitive yuri/ shoujo has actually happened yet, if we only include yuri/shoujo ai manga which have actually developed a yuri/shoujo ai relationship in any meaningful way it’s about 22% of the mangas I included which of course is close to my original estimation (I am aware some of the hetro manga I’ve included on the list also fits the 3 “issues” I listed but it’s definitely a notably lower percentage of them and if you must insist I can get the exact percentage)

so I hope you can at least somewhat see where yuri gb fans are coming from now

And one last thing about the ranma stuff never did you specify you were talking about the Japanese fanbase, I know nothing of the Japanese fan base and everything I said was based on what I’ve seen of the western fan base so we may in different ways both be right

This whole thing started because you said this “, I have no idea where this idea that GB characters always go for men comes from, it's very rare actually” claiming hetro was rare (which insinuates yuri gb is much more common) really annoyed me and probably @xaelath as well, you can claim yuri gg isn’t uncommon if you want but don’t go claiming hetro is rare at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss
It "was" I did mention in recent year GB lean towards Yuri more though rarely it follows romance.

Let me help you with some stuff.
✓ My Dead Boyfriend Came Back as a High School Girl (oneshot)
X Girl Reborn inconclusive/unclear
✓ Trans Venus (it’s futaxgb protag but I count it)
✓ Tsukiyo no Fromage (canceled but you could tell where it was going)
✓ Chirality this is Bi though.
✓ Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl
✓ Trans Star (oneshot)
✓ Nyotaika Homo (short)
✓ Megu Miruku (only the very end)
✓ Ore ga... Yuri!? (I Just barely)
✓ Wedding Surprise (oneshot)
? Conveni-N no romance
? From Today I'll Be a Goddess inconclusive but it does lean that way I guess?
✓ Cylcia=Code yes
✓ Karada no Ichibu Igai Nyotaika Shita Hanashi (I mean I guess guy into futa yuri counts?) Yes unless you're into purity.
✓ When My Boyfriend Became a She (oneshot
? enTrans! Bi
? Joshi Shougakusei Hajimemashita. This thing mostly not about romance and sincerely doubt will end that way.
✓ Mana-senpai's Request though inconclusive
? Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja (you don’t see much so her but the protag is practically married) I'll leave it to your mind
? Bishoujo ni Natta kedo, Netoge Haijin Yattemasu (as a novel reader I fully exspect some yuri at some point) WN reader here as well. Idk how it spin later. So expecting the same.
? Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made (the protag has a pretty blatant crush on a girl) Maybe?
? Samayoeru Tensei-sha-tachi no Relive. Game (it looks like it’s going down the yuri route) unclear.
✓ A Manga About a Hero Who Pulled Out the Holy Sword and Became a Girl
✓ Tensei Kyuuketsuki-san wa Ohirune ga Shitai (as a novel reader there is a definitive yuri relationship eventually) this one was obvious
✓ I Don't Really Get It, but It Looks Like I Was Reincarnated in Another World
✓ Neta Chara Tensei Toka Anmarida!
✓ Ayakashi Triangle. Assuming he didn't turn back later lol
✓ Onii-chan Is Done For! Yes author does make Yuri stuff.
? Ultra Kaiju Humanization Project feat.POP Comic code (one go character has a blatant crush on another) Not entirely romance. It's a parody.
? KimoOta, Idol Yarutteyo (I expect yuri eventually) I think I saw the raw it is subtext.
✓ 30-sai made Doutei de Itara Mahou Shoujo ni Narimashita.
✓ Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous (according to xaelath) This is a huge spoiler towards the ending.
? Elf Deck To Senjou Gurashi. I have no idea. It seems also rushed/axed.
✓ Tensei Pandemic. Almost went het.
? Eiyuu no Musume Toshite. Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu (as a novel reader their absolutely won’t be a male love interest and as of on of the latest chapters a female love interest may have began to be established) maybe.
Probably should've noticed that majority of these Yuri title are Isekai/WN/LN adaptation with few being short and inconclusive while also being publishing from 2015 onwards.

In comparison to the het one, you'll find most of them being original and a longer run manga. Which easily shows the fact that it is much easier to write than Yuri one.

You did skip some that doesn't even have romance and all which may even reduce odds of Yuri gb. Not necessarily a thing but modern GB is like1/2 no romance 1/4 het 1/4 Yuri it based from your %.

I came from Yuri fans though, that's why I am kind of thick headed why it's a rare thing. As you can get easily switch baited just because there's heroine there.

For some information. There's still Untranslated GB out there that didn't even listed in MD db yet which I found on bookwalker JP while checking out Tensei Pandemic page.

@Neushaartje Just two pages later, the dialogue hints at even more backstory to explain why she’s doing what she’s doing. Like the entire story so far has flat out told us that her change has been at least complicated, probably difficult; that she ran away from home to get away from those things; and that she’s being very guarded about it, even around her childhood friend. But let’s ignore all of that and drop the story in disgust because she wears a little makeup, in a culture that expects it and for a job that almost certainly requires it. Uh huh.

Thanks for the input @xaelath part of my point was that I got these numbers even when gouging the bottom of barrel for ones I could count, one thing though, I think you might need to reread girl reborn I think it’s pretty blatant their dating by the end and there is a pan away kiss scene

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss
It was kind of axed was it? (The Girl Reborn)
The Yuri thing was kind out of nowhere although it's explained. The story does tease some of het between his best friends.

The pan Yuri kiss on chapter 24. Though MC dresses as a guy.
25 is where he confessed to his best friend about his problem.
26 is where the MC dating with her crush
27 us prologue about hint of their past. (Which supposedly to be a setting or background between their romance, not a prologue)
It's kind of a bad writing because of the axing. That might be why I can't remember much about it.

Dex-chan lover
I was a little tepid about this at first but the last 2 chapters have really turned it around for me. I like the twist here too because it helps wit hthe world building of the condition and not just using it as an excuse to have why Haruka is a girl now.

Wonder if we'll discover some FtM later on in the story. Whenever the next chapter comes out....

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Benjansss holy shit guy, that was impressive in a wierd kind of way
You were normaly shitposting then out of nowhere bam statistical analysis
Thank you for the list though, i'll see if there's anything interesting/i'm not already reading there

Also if you want to use the spoiler tag first select what you want then click the buttom once

Dex-chan lover
*looks at this comment thread* Carl Johnson.gif 🤦‍♀️

Seriously, were some of YOU gender bent recently? Because you're acting like stereotypical teen girls, getting this deep into arguing about fictional relationships and how represented they are or not. Not talking to anyone in specific here, I just I can't believe we're still on this het/yuri war stuff. And people accuse ME of always saying the same stuff in the comment section of genderbend manga.

Anyways, I just wanted to point out these two are the characters from that oneshot:

https://mangadex.org/title/16195/trans-star

Contributor
"Guess I'm gay now. Eh I can work with this."

-Her probably

Users who are viewing this thread