Kasane to Subaru - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
their relationship is getting interesting it would be nice to have the chapters translated a little faster

Dex-chan lover
Not going to lie, I want him to Domme me while crossdressing.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. I appreciate seeing these two dorks being cute and Subaru getting a bit manly every now and then.

Man do I see myself in him. My first relationship was basically the exact same where the girl had to coax me into kissing her first...

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Adding to the egg discourse, I think that as the story currently stands it's a no egg situation but that (like chameowmile says more eloquently) it's pretty cool representation of gender identity and presentation diverging and that's nice. But I also think it'd be nice if Subaru's understanding of his own gender evolves with the story and his increasing self-acceptance. Identity can be fluid and evolving as our understanding of ourselves and the world change. Ultimately, I think either version of the story could be a banger and if the quality continues to be as high as it is then I reckon the author will pull it off whichever direction they ultimately go.
Admittedly it's a bit disappointing, but it is nice to see more gender-nonconforming characters, especially those who aren't as easily fetishized.

[staring directly into the eyes of a lurker]

Dex-chan lover
He may be a blushing maiden, but damn he picked it up there at the end :meguupog:

Also, exploding brain tomboys are the best :glee:

Dex-chan lover
@Mikhail, as per your post on an earlier chapter, you may be letting your projections out again.
It's late at night and I'm not thinking straight, so I might say something stupid here, but I won't disagree with you on the fact that I'm still projecting a bit against takes like this. But this is an open forum, and the dumb react is there to use if I disagree with a take and even to refute it if necessary... that being said, I think the dumb react was an overreaction. So I changed it to a strike since I don't think you're dumb for saying that, I just disagree with your perspective.

Let's just agree to disagree, I suppose. I don't wanna get into another flamewar.

Fed-Kun's army
It's late at night and I'm not thinking straight, so I might say something stupid here, but I won't disagree with you on the fact that I'm still projecting a bit against takes like this. But this is an open forum, and the dumb react is there to use if I disagree with a take and even to refute it if necessary... that being said, I think the dumb react was an overreaction. So I changed it to a strike since I don't think you're dumb for saying that, I just disagree with your perspective.

Let's just agree to disagree, I suppose. I don't wanna get into another flamewar.

Hey! I got curious and checked the other thread. I don't mean to reignite the conversation too much, but I wanted to convey that I think the way you discussed these issues was introspective and polite despite the disagreement. I'm kind of biased to say this since I agree with you, but recognizing and pointing out your emotional attachment to a topic and trying to approach it from different angles sounds like more of a discussion and not so much a full on flame war. If anything, it felt like the rest of the thread was much more aggressive and flamey than you were. In this thread's case, I guess the react comes off a bit stronger but that tension was diffused pretty painlessly.

At the end of the day, neither scenario is MORE or LESS transgressive than the other. They're just different and they're both equally valid. Personally, I just appreciate manga that explore women exploring masculinity and men exploring femininity with or without trans involvement. I've (AFAB/bi) spent most of my life feeling like a not-woman for not being womanly enough; I really enjoy male fashion and its color palettes, but I also don't think I feel the absolute need to become a man. It's more of a gender expression struggle than an actual gender-itself struggle, since I have to grapple with having a body shape that is completely incompatible with the fashion I'd like to be able to explore. So I can also be a bit emotional with the topic since I myself dislike assuming that being interested in things from the opposite sex should immediately mean a full step like transitioning.
Then again, maybe I'm overthinking it and/or speaking too seriously on a manga discussion thread.

Sorry to bring the topic back up, but I wanted to add my perspective and say that, to me, you were being constructive in the discussion. Whatever the author decides to do, I'm confident it'll still be a great story. (thanks for listening to my ted talk)

Users who are viewing this thread