Kasane to Subaru - Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
A character who has way too much knowledge on a kids show and has watched every iteration, but still responds with "just search online" when asked to actually help with a project related to it. He just like me fr fr 😂.

Also I choose to believe those "???" in the last panel were visible to all; just floating ❔❔❔ popping off the side of her head.

I'll be honest, dating this guy feels like very tiring.
Agreed. Needs to sort out his issues on his own
Subaru needs to create drama in this relationship, else he'll have to come to terms that he is, in fact, in a fucking relationship.

"Oh no! My girlfriend, who just got through showing how much she loves me literally the night before, likes something I don't like! This is a total disaster because she will 157% leave me because someone else likes that show, and he isn't me! WOE IS ME SOMEONE PITY ME FOR I AM A POOR MAN WHO NEEDS PITY AND IS UNLOVED!!!"

Dex-chan lover
Subaru needs to create drama in this relationship, else he'll have to come to terms that he is, in fact, in a fucking relationship.

"Oh no! My girlfriend, who just got through showing how much she loves me literally the night before, likes something I don't like! This is a total disaster because she will 157% leave me because someone else likes that show, and he isn't me! WOE IS ME SOMEONE PITY ME FOR I AM A POOR MAN WHO NEEDS PITY AND IS UNLOVED!!!"
LOL! I don’t think he’s quite that bad, but he is massively insecure. He’s still a little boggled that she loves him as he is, and he’s also still learning how to do an adult love relationship.

Also, pure speculation, but the fact that the hobby that he’s most passionate about is one that isn’t socially acceptable probably weighs on him. He could be a little jealous that she can be so openly passionate.

Dex-chan lover
LOL! I don’t think he’s quite that bad, but he is massively insecure. He’s still a little boggled that she loves him as he is, and he’s also still learning how to do an adult love relationship.

Also, pure speculation, but the fact that the hobby that he’s most passionate about is one that isn’t socially acceptable probably weighs on him. He could be a little jealous that she can be so openly passionate.
I understand that, but this guy has a problem with something basically every single chapter, it feels like the MC has to walk on eggshells around him.

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping this is a single chapter, one conversation, kind of issue. Your significant other's being happy and finding another, harmless outlet for their favorite hobby really shouldn't be the moment you focus on yourself and your own self-loathing.

It's not as though she started spending less time or neglecting him. His very first reaction is despair, self-focus and distance.

You'd think happiness would be the prevailing emotion instead. He's got to work on that because I do agree; in her shoes I might begin to feel a little bothered if something this small could create an immediate reaction like this. Hopefully she discusses this with him. Otherwise they're a cute couple.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Shes likes boyish stuff and you like girlie stuff... SO WHAT?

Supporter

Audience-insert fanservice: "One bad apple spoils the barrel".

Even in genres where it doesn't go to grotesque lengths like isekai is currently doing, it still seeps in and begins spoiling everything it touches.

Users who are viewing this thread