Kasane to Subaru - Ch. 26

Double-page supporter
thank you so much for the scans!!

these are some really interesting & natural relationship bumps they're going through, especially since they both don't have much experience, but it also feels like they're so generally not on the same page at this moment that i kind of wonder if they wouldn't just be better off as friends 🥲 but i guess this is the kind of relationship where u learn a lot about yourself by slowly working through issues together ... i appreciate that it's a totally different chemistry from the couples in the mangaka's other works

Contributor
Just talk things out. I'm sure you'll reach some sense of understanding considering what else you have talked about

Dex-chan lover
[inserts Spanish Inquisition meme]
Now that that's out of the way, I'm really glad this chapter highlighted how Subaru's becoming more comfortable with his crossdressing and taking the small victories where he can. One of the best parts of this manga is how both of the MCs are dynamic, evolving characters and I think this chapter is a great example of that :salute:

Double-page supporter
It's a funny fact. I don't know if anyone noticed, but the name of the Masamune salon is Veil.

Simone Veil was a famous French politician who survived the Holocaust and worked to legalize abortion.

I don't see the connection with cross-dressing, but I imagine that the author wanted something that sounded French.

Fed-Kun's army
It's a funny fact. I don't know if anyone noticed, but the name of the Masamune salon is Veil.

Simone Veil was a famous French politician who survived the Holocaust and worked to legalize abortion.

I don't see the connection with cross-dressing, but I imagine that the author wanted something that sounded French.
Veil also means a thing you use to disguise or hide your face. You know, like men wearing women's clothes, disguising themselves?

Dex-chan lover
Why's that if I may ask?
Well, it's likely related to the continuing trend of cishet writers engaging in queerbaiting, whether intentional or not. In this story's case, a lot of transfeminine readers would relate to the experience, and some have complained about the rug being pulled out from under them. Full disclosure, I was one of those readers who complained but kept at it because the story was worth a shot. I'm mostly pleased with it, though I am more than mildly disappointed with how few works there are which have a not-conventionally-attractive crossdressing lead who would also manage to be trans representation.

Hopefully that made sense.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it's likely related to the continuing trend of cishet writers engaging in queerbaiting, whether intentional or not. In this story's case, a lot of transfeminine readers would relate to the experience, and some have complained about the rug being pulled out from under them. Full disclosure, I was one of those readers who complained but kept at it because the story was worth a shot. I'm mostly pleased with it, though I am more than mildly disappointed with how few works there are which have a not-conventionally-attractive crossdressing lead who would also manage to be trans representation.

Hopefully that made sense.
Do you mean that you and others are disappointed that Subaru's crossdressing didn't lead to him questioning his gender identity and transitioning ?

Dex-chan lover
Do you mean that you and others are disappointed that Subaru's crossdressing didn't lead to him questioning his gender identity and transitioning ?
"it was written one way that gave a particular impression and then a rug pull happened" - frustration with queerbaiting and nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread