Kasane to Subaru - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Oh, Nishimori... I know you had no idea, but... Ohhhhhh.

Ah, Subaru. It really is easy to forget how difficult his desire to crossdress and his love for cute things can be for him most of the time. And the last chapter showed him having so much fun with his new skirt, too. :cry:

It does seem like Subaru's outlook in this part of his life has struck deep into Kasane, though.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

well, seeing it as a gag is a start to slowly working it to the acceptance of it? mori doesnt seem like bad guy tho so im certain he would try his
best to understand as soon as he was told

Dex-chan lover
that side angle made look like arrow hit in arm, but i knew was suppose to be heart. does this mean shes falling more for him, or just that his words resonated with her

Dex-chan lover
that side angle made look like arrow hit in arm, but i knew was suppose to be heart. does this mean shes falling more for him, or just that his words resonated with her
yeah, is it good or bad ?? It looks like it's supposed to be good, but until it's clarified I don't want to get my hopes up

Aggregator gang

I immediately thought that was some kind of precision strike and next chapter will be funerals.

Seriously, I think she loves him, but this was more of "he just like me fr" moment.

Dex-chan lover
Bro why can’t you just let crossdressers crossdress

They’re just folks doing what they love don’t act like it’s a punchline
I was thinking about it but he wasn't really insulting him here, he just doesn't understand and you can't really blame him too hard for that. As a straight man who doesn't know anything about that world of course he is gonna find it weird and if you stop there, there is nothing wrong with that. It becomes pathetic when you start insulting or making fun of other people's hobbies but just finding it weird because you don't understand it is logical.

Dex-chan lover
Delightful chapter once again! Was laughing out loud at Kasane's reactions in the front half, and touched at the delicacy of emotions in the latter half. It's a testament to the author's skill that they can jump so easily between light and deep subjects so naturally :glee:

Dex-chan lover

I mean... it's complicated. It really is. This is one of the most interesting manga looking at gender there is, and the most interesting thing is that he completely identifies as being a man and likes the ladies, but just thinks women's fashion and style is fun and cool.

When I look at his coworker here, I don't see anything other than benign indifference. He doesn't get it. He didn't realize they were dudes, he didn't have a problem with the idea that they were, but he also wasn't gonna go "yeah they're super beautiful" because, well, they're dudes and he can't think of them like that. That's a step too far into attraction territory for him.

He doesn't even think that it's funny that they're dudes, just that he understands crossdressing skits more than this so he steers the conversation away from the deeply intense one where Shibata is asking him to agree with the idea that a man dressing up as a woman was so beautiful that normal women can't even come close into a more casual one about jokes.

Honestly, I don't think he thinks much at all about crossplay or even crossdressing. It didn't even matter to him, he just saw Shibata in the corner and thought it was funny. Didn't even notice, just saw his co-worker in the background of a news article. I can imagine surprise and confusion from him at finding out that Subaru was in the picture too, but not any hostility or disgust. Dude just seems too laid back.

The chapter has a sad note to it because Subaru thought he could talk about it but it didn't seem like it would've been a good idea. But overall, this wasn't a sad chapter. Nishimori didn't show disgust or distain for the idea. Just didn't get enthusiastic about it. You can't really expect much else from randos!

Dex-chan lover

They can crossdress all they like.

But they can't force everyone else to play along.

Double-page supporter
I feel sorry for Nishimori. I can completely relate to unknowingly saying something like that.

Dex-chan lover

The colleague, Noshi-something, probably never really thought about crossdressing.
So when he was directly asked about what were his opinion about it, he just took the only case when he saw something similar : skits on TV.

Other possibility, he don't want to speak about it at work so he chose a "safe" answer

Dex-chan lover
I think the scene with the arrow would have worked better if it showed her being hit from the front instead of the side.

Users who are viewing this thread