Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru ~Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 22…

Dex-chan lover
It's always a treat when artists manage to do choreography right. Way too many relies on giant beams of light and blurs of high speed attacks as crutches since they don't really research biomechanics or martial arts

Dex-chan lover
The backstory rumor of the Knight Hunter doesn't make sense unless there are parts missing.

"But of course, there is a Knight Hunter who hunts the church knight order, its perfectly logical to assume he joined the church knight order after killing so many of them. That's why I'm telling you now about this rumor because its the church knight order has no pride or dignity at all."

Dex-chan lover
The backstory rumor of the Knight Hunter doesn't make sense unless there are parts missing.

"But of course, there is a Knight Hunter who hunts the church knight order, its perfectly logical to assume he joined the church knight order after killing so many of them. That's why I'm telling you now about this rumor because its the church knight order has no pride or dignity at all."
well they are using undead so no they dont have any pride or dignity.
but more importantly, there are multiple faiths/gods in this church so he could well be recruited by this faction without having killed any

Dex-chan lover
and so the wait begin
1*Z4nSP8KgfFhYSkOD90BL_A.gif

ty for the update btw :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It'll be a while yet but...
A few chapters to go before the rematch.

This fight ends with a 'tie' with the capt. escaping with the priest.
However reinforcements arrive for Beryl.
Including bringing him THE sword.

So the chase, and eventual 1v1s begin:
Fissel vs the nun (current raw)
Kuruni vs the other guy
THEN we should have Beryl vs Capt.

le3

Dex-chan lover
I LOVE how nasty the injuries is depicted in this series, it realistic in a sense.

It's always a treat when artists manage to do choreography right. Way too many relies on giant beams of light and blurs of high speed attacks as crutches since they don't really research biomechanics or martial arts
This. I also love how each fight is a battle of wits too, they try to read each others move and computing the result.

Dex-chan lover
I swear, every time the MC gets a chance to go wild, the author makes up another reason why he can't.

"he has to fight a mage attacking him... oh, it's just a test"
"he has to protect myui... oh wait the other swordsman betrays his comrades before MC can fight them"
"he finally gets to fight church people, oh wait a new one comes and he has to get his bearings back"
"he managed to get his bearings back against that guy but oh look, now there's civilians who he isn't able to harm"

Please,
let the old man cook.
. Author's just letting the dude simmer but never actually make any dang dishes. I want to see him cook. I need to see him cook. We're 20 chaps in.

We already know that the church is corrupt, so the idea that they would bring in an impressive fighter, even if it was one who murdered their own, isn't really surprising. How they convinced him to join isn't really important at this point in the story, tbh.

Dex-chan lover
What's really great about this one is how the difficulty of the fight for the protagonist isn't conveyed just through his inner monologue, but also through his opponent's posture and the way his mantle droops to cover his arms and hands, obscuring much of what he's going to do.

It's a simple thing, but the hesitation that comes from not being able to clearly see the positioning of their arms can be fatal; all sword strikes start in the legs before moving to the arms, but from a position like the one his opponent is shown using, there's multiple ways you could strike with the sword, from a simple thrust to a German krumphau or even a zwerchhau, most of which would start at the elbows.

Dex-chan lover
I swear, every time the MC gets a chance to go wild, the author makes up another reason why he can't.

"he has to fight a mage attacking him... oh, it's just a test"
"he has to protect myui... oh wait the other swordsman betrays his comrades before MC can fight them"
"he finally gets to fight church people, oh wait a new one comes and he has to get his bearings back"
"he managed to get his bearings back against that guy but oh look, now there's civilians who he isn't able to harm"
This. It always feels like for the rumoured master swordsman MC is just standing there and making defensive manoeuvres at most. I wish we had some more active attacks from him or anything really. Like, few chapters ago the vice-captain (iirc) went full juggernaut during his chase of the church guy, constantly going forward and being on the attack even with all his wounds. It was also kinda bullshit that he had to be saved at the end and it kinda ties into my overall complaint - the series is afraid to go all out when all the plot points would suggest it. Like it needs to asspull something to stop the good guys from winning.
But yeah, the choreography and the both imagined and real wounds are great.

Users who are viewing this thread