Kaya-chan wa Kowakunai - Vol. 5 Ch. 30 - "I'm watching you" is not scary

Double-page supporter
no way... i alway belived that her turning dark was just a manga effect but it is actually an in universe ocurrence, gotta recontextualize many panels

also, not shade translator, but i think it would better to not point the small details like that one note, let the people notice organically

Dex-chan lover
I have sneaking feeling that this power of hers has a countdown for ever use.
And when it hits zero, I fear something horrible will happen
I always thought her blackened body is a figurative representation of her ghostly power up.

Now it pretty apparent that it made Kaya its host.

Which begs the question, all these while, did it actually exorcise the other ghosts, or did it just consume them to replenish its power?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is the black child in the warning another child who is similar and what will happen to our girl? Is that what happened to her mother or why she's scared of her? There is definitely more here! Also now it makes sense why she always wears long sleeves and it isn't her tan excuse!

Dex-chan lover
no way... i alway belived that her turning dark was just a manga effect but it is actually an in universe ocurrence, gotta recontextualize many panels

also, not shade translator, but i think it would better to not point the small details like that one note, let the people notice organically
Good point. It’s not really a TL Note, so I should remove it. Initially, I put it there because I anticipated some readers would be confused as to why Mero-sensei is speaking strange. Else, it’s just an annotation.

Users who are viewing this thread