Kaya-chan wa Kowakunai - Vol. 5 Ch. 32 - Nice people aren't scary?

Dex-chan lover
So I think we can all agree what the evil creep deserves to happen to him, but Kaya's dad also takes a giant friggin' L this chapter.
There's something off about Kaya's family from the start, and I dont mean about the Priestesses bit.
The dad seems nice at first, but oddly . . . detached? Not quite, but something akin to a layer of separation. The mom is a direct Ebisumori descendant, but we barely see anything of her so not much to judge. And the unborn baby. . . well, we dont know but it certainly looks scary.

But there must be a reason for Kaya and her sibling's anomaly. The Ebisumori is said here to have strange powers, but Kaya is so "strange" her grandma is acutely afraid of her. Kaya is clearly something never before seen by her clan. Kaya is Something far, far greater.

The question is: WHY?
And the answer, it seems, perhaps lies not with the mom, but potentially the dad

Dex-chan lover
Kaya's powerlessness against the pedo creep is certainly an eye opener in many ways.

Ignoring that the creep got away (shame, he needed some good old testicular obliteration), the most crucial tidbit in this chapter is that exorcism powers dont work on humans. Makes sense, but this means Kaya's power is rooted firmly in exorcism, and not raw spiritual power/malice.

This clue is rather important. Most of the spirits we see and Kaya krumps CAN interact with humans. And they seem to be more potent on the humans that currently see them, Mieruko style. But Kaya's shadow form, DOES NOT.

Does this mean Kaya's power is not from a spirit? Or is perhaps converted from a spirit, but channeled through her natural psychic potential? So perhaps the theory that Kaya is a ghost in physical form is wrong then? Then perhaps, Kaya's blackening body from what seems to be backlash from using her power, is not a spiritual possession, but something else?

This possess more questions than answers, and boy I am all for it

Users who are viewing this thread