Kekkai Sensen Beat 3 Peat - Vol. 2 Ch. 1 - Dianne's Diner Rhapsody

Dex-chan lover
This chapter encapsulates this story perfectly.

This city is a hellscape, even for most of the beyondians, it should be impossible for humans to deal with the craziness this city has, and the way people act clearly shows that their minds are being affected by something otherworldly, but even then... it doesn't matter.

The force of the beyond will do their thing, it is what they are there is not changing that, but people need to live, be it looking at the past to support them in the present or focus on the future by fighting today.

There won't really be an end to the craziness of Hellsalem Lot, maybe the city goes sky high the next day, maybe the mist expands beyond the city borders, maybe it all goes back as it was before the collapse, but no matter the outcome the changes that happened will not go away... and neither the will of the people to live.
Maybe Viv and her father should have accepted and gone to a more peaceful and stable place, even just opening a new shop in the city, but it is like she said... it is their decision, and in the end... that is all that matters.

The last three chapters showed Zapp's more sensitive side, he is still a douchebag asshole XD... but he cares, and he fights for that.

I love seeing new forms of the Big Dipper style, Jubei really thought of a wide range of scenarios to mold the blood for.

thanks a lot for translating this.

Dex-chan lover
I hope this chapter isn't a one-off and that there's more to the story.

Dex-chan lover
I love how both the humans and monsters can coexist in HL, like they're regular everyday Joes and just want to relax at a diner on their free time, even if every day is just another apocalyptic event.

Dex-chan lover
I know it was just revealed in a recent chapter, but it's interesting that the only people shown to be aware of how the city is warping everyone's minds are Klaus, Steven, and Zapp.
I don't think is so much that the others don't notice... it is more that they adapted.

Leo has the Eyes of God, there is no way any illusion or mind alteration would work on him, even the one caused by high beings.

Zed's awareness is the same as Zapp's, it is just that he is more accepting of people's convictions.

Zapp has... his own situation, we don't know about his past, but if I would say... I think he has an incredible aversion to the idea that anything would influence the decisions of others and people wouldn't act on it.

It wasn't so much that Viv and her father had decided to deal with this crazy city... is more that besides their grief, there is something affecting their ambient, the way the shop is frequently destroyed, how their conviction is kinda "off"... he doesn't like that there is something "leading" them to their current decision and it isn't purely of their own conviction.

And I understand him, it has been... 4(?) years in-universe that the city was transfigured, a transformation that normal people shouldn't have adapted to quickly, more so when he saw the city right after the fall, so his aversion to all of this heightened.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread