Kekkaishi e no Tensei - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Fed-Kun's army
I'm still on the fence on this manga because this beginning and buildup was so good but then the OG scanslators dropped it because the series turns into
harem trash.

@Mngtr, thanks a lot for this translation and for the spoiler. These last few chapters have been crushing, and now surreal. It's not the same as watching a train wreck, but it feels important somehow to see where this story goes as the dust settles.

It feels like it's been so long since I read this, but it almost feels like, you said, a bomb dropped. Not just a cruel sacrifice, we didn't just lose FL or a charming side character. It feels like a crushing beginning to an isekai, where everything from before is gone.

It looks like the villains who quickly appeared on the scene, managed to kill almost every interesting character and rendered the starting setting an alien landscape full of fearful/hateful people. At the same time, that arc seems complete in the sense that MC likely killed all of the villains from that arc.

There's also little to learn from it - like a deus ex machina scenario, there's no clear mistake or path for growth. It seems his slavery was a fatal problem that was out of his control, and even when it was gone, he just wasn't fast enough to save those he loved. Maybe the lesson is, treasure the people around you, because fate can be cruel. Not the most uplifting kind of message, but at least he was able to do what his loved ones wished for the kingdom.

It's tempting to look at this wreckage and think, like the MC, "I'd rather not face this reality any further." But I think this chapter shows him working through his grief with the kind of support he imagines his family and friends would offer. It feels surreal, but they are alive in the sense that he will carry vivid memories of them with him, so their characters live on. But their lines about starting fresh reinforce the idea that the author is taking this like a clean slate kind of fresh start.

He'll need time to tend to his psychological wounds, but then a new adventure will begin, along an unfamiliar road. I suppose the question is, will it feel interesting, or will the sadness from this part place too much of burden on the story, so that light developments feel shallow. I'm still looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Dex-chan lover
pls tell me it's not a dream...
pls don't give me a hope
pls
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If we all can have a whole night to just talk it out with our departed love ones. I think the world would be a better place.

Group Leader
@willowwerenti
I totally get treading carefully with that kind of development coming seemingly out of nowhere. As you said, when something like this come like a bolt out of the blue you're tempted to just wallow in the past because everything good are gone and you don't have any future to look forward to.

I think his family wants him to move forward, even just one day earlier.

Thank you for the comments :3

@mitsuki48
I mean
when it starts becoming to ridiculous I'm likely to drop it too lol

I can't keep taking this tragedy and suffering. If it's a dream or some PTSD-induced hallucination, I'm dropping because no man deserves this angst

Fed-Kun's army
If anybodys wondering if they should continue reading this manga, you should, next chapter is mostly the end of most of his PTSD and he travels and meets people along the way growing friendships and some cool action too, so dont drop it if you want to see the MC happy again cuz itll happen and you should keep on reading, its not like you can change the story so just enjoy the one the author spent his time on

Dex-chan lover
Their dead... their no way around it. You can't get them back, no matter how hard you wish or dream.

Dex-chan lover
man this sucks for him, seeing them and talking to them, idk if ghost or PTSD but..fuck...

if MC got a skill like the MC in yondome, I think it'll be a good ending. but its not?
I dont read the novel, so I'll keep following this manga.

Aggregator gang
Damn.... to bad the bad guys are already killed... maybe he can use necromancy on them and kill them again?

Users who are viewing this thread