Kekkaishi e no Tensei - Vol. 2 Ch. 12.2

Thanks for translating.

There are a lot of betrayal flags up, but this guy is believable. Think about it. He's primarily trained as a barrier master. He's very powerful, but he doesn't want to become some kind of demon lord. He has to use his power to protect others and get what he needs to survive (and feed his new friends). He needs a job. Not just any job, he needs a well paying job. He could try a rougher lifestyle, but he's not prepared to live off the land at this point. So he's itching for a job and he finds an opportunity to work for people who don't seem bad, even if the family has some issues and there are warning signs. You might think this is too much like his tragic past, but that's what it's like to be a bodyguard, right? You can curse him as a moron for failing to acquire survival knowledge and continuing to work as a barrier master where the demand is greatest, but if he were a job seeker in your country, you'd probably call him an idiot or pathetic if he went months without a job and refused an offer because something looked suspicious about the employer's relative.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops, but there are certainly warning signs to watch.

Dex-chan lover
He's too trusting, even if they are somewhat relatable to his master at least have some suspicions. And it sounds like they want to add him in their fight for the throne, no thanks. If anything it seems like their setting him up to take the blame for something. Lol what if he's involved in another coup 😂 give him a break

Double-page supporter
Phew got a little worried there when y'all said you were dropping the series good thing someone else still will... Well thanks for the final chapter looking forward to seeing what y'all translate next 👍

Dex-chan lover
I don't like the flow of the story here.

He was just thrusted an opportunity to do exactly what he has been trained for most of his life to do and with possibly the best standard of living, so the MC just jumped at it. Any perceived potential danger was just sorta written off as an occupational hazard.

Is this a good idea? who knows. Did the MC ponder other possible options? Nope.

As for the kingdom... Regardless of his background the kingdom should have stated out by having him guard lesser nobles, with others to surveil him, to better judge his character, motivation, ability, and trustworthiness. And only then appointing him to royalty. This is way to careless. Either the MC is set up/betrayed or the author is just stringing along conveniences.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little surprised the MC is jumping at such a political job after what just happened. I expected him to hesitate more.
Then again, this is what he was trained for all along, so it's kind of normal for him to accept such a perfectly fitting job.

It feels strange still. I'm sure he should have looked into the situation more before accepting, if only because of how similar the situation is to his just awakened trauma.
I don't feel like the "maybe I can succeed where I just failed" idea explains it all.

"This guy has an evil aura... lots of strife in this family... PERFECT JOB FOR ME!"

This guy is so stupid.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
@CraniumAmbiguity

This would be a small spoiler but...
In the novel ( and most likely here ) he isn't going to actually be a bodyguard.
He is just going to use his magic to make barriers for the people, which doesn't actually put him in.... much.. danger ( we saw how it turned out last time xD )
I'm honestly not sure why the manga is so wishy-washy about it, as it's pretty obvious his speciality is defensive magic and not actually bodyguard duty.
A lot of his internal thoughts also got skipped ( or is going to show up in the next chapter )

Dex-chan lover
hmmmmm, quick to blame him but what's happening now isn't a repeat of what ACTUALLY went wrong with the his life before. Again, the problem before was that, because he was being paid and being treated nicely by his owners, he forgot that he was owned, a slave. There is no one left alive that can actually force him to do anything, no more than could be done with anyone else. Now, if things go belly up, he can just walk away. The ability to do that is a big part of being truly free.

now, for what's going on here.
None of the royalty here are evil. The king is just sickly (or was that the crown prince), and the princess just has policies and ideas which are ahead of her time so there's some resentment from nobility. The siblings have no interest in fighting eachother but the nobles will use them as a pretext to fight. It ends well enough. The princess is stripped of her title but the princes coax her and the mc into getting married. They both end up happier for it.

Users who are viewing this thread