Kekkaishi e no Tensei - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
@Nora_1_2_3
no. he isn't a generation Z, he hasn't been recently teleported, reincarnated, etc in that world, and remember he has received training to be a guardian since kid (even if they treated him like a person) so it makes no sense at all. If he was shocked, he wouldn't have been able to make the decision he made to not just eliminate the wyvern, but also that bastard noble.

He failed the task for what he has been trained since kid.

Meh a story is a story, i dont mind characters dying, but i have to admit this was a bit forced, he could have given her a barrier, still i want to see the rest, no point in crying about this scene

Dex-chan lover
What is this shit? Literal garbage plot. I have seen stupid ass slice of life animes go 'niko niko' and shit, but didn't cringe this hard. Dropped.

Quick take:

When the female main character dies a gruesome death in this chapter, you get to view their explicit death of being eaten alive by a wyvern for 4 pages... Then you have more pages of the MC's despair.

When the bad guys die (presumably? We don't know... Hahaha), we see a stone with a face on it.

I don't mean to be cycnical, and I was really upset at first at how this "story" developed, but I'm laughing uncontrollably... Even Gintama didn't make me laugh this hard.

Seriously? Author. Hahaha. You made your entire reader-base see the excrutiatingly painful death of the female MC, but when bad guys were going to die you turned them into stone (so we presume)? Hahaha.

EDIT: Thanks for the translation, guys. I'm going to assume (like many other readers) that the story ended in Chapter 8. I'm going to mark this as completed because this is actually a good spot to conclude this 'story'... It had a sad ending, but it was way too rushed. Cheers.

Dex-chan lover
If the mark could be removed, why didn't they remove it earlier?

Why did the MC continue to stand there doing nothing after it was removed?

Whhhhhyyyyyyy

Dex-chan lover
Well that all came out of nowhere. Suddenly a coup with wyverns. Not even a little foreshadowing.

Dex-chan lover
@Savok

Only the heads of the family have the right to remove it, so after her parents died the authority to do so was given tp the aunt.
As for why he did nothing.... clearly he is in shock from watching his family getting eaten and not being able to save them.
Not everybody can work well under pressure.

Also they seem to have skipped alot of the fighting from the novel.
IIRC he fought more then just one wyvern, not to mention he didn't just Thanos snap the entire castle and actually had to kill the people one by one.
This is also why the common people started to fear him as they saw him transform into a demonlord and murder everyone who did not escap.
The whole demon lord thing is 100% pointless and does not effect the story in any way other then a easy excuse to give him ( and later on a noble ) a cheap power boost from killing people.

Dex-chan lover
MC is a trained soldier who's expected to act swiftly in a dire situation.

here we got a wimp who just stare and do nothing (or slow to act) while his entire family are being killed. especially when his slave chrest are gone, any person filled with anger and adrenaline would instantly act no matter how just to make sure the person who hurt them dead. again, all we got is a wimp who forgot all his training from years ago letting all those people die. not even one.

Dex-chan lover
lol all these people not knowing how shock affects the brain
“Muh adrenaline, muh training! REEEEE DROPPED”
Stay mad kids, don’t let the door smack your sorry asses in the way out 😂

@Crim For real. That's actually how people work. Shock will literally knock you flat on your ass even with training.

Some people expect every person to be Superman.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, this feels like a random attempt to turn a lighthearted slice of life isekai into a cynical, angry, grr revenge, story. One of thise types of stories I like, the other one I don’t. This is why a series should what type of story it’s gonna be early on. This would have worked much better if we already knew the mc was cynical because of tragedy AND THEN got flashbacks explaining why. As is, I feel tricked into reading a type of story I don’t like with the cover of one I love.

SGR

Double-page supporter
Well now... That escalated quite quickly... And they even went so far as to kill the standard isekai love interest. Some balls are being had on the author.
I wonder where is it going to go now...

Fed-Kun's army
😱Nooooooooooooooo! 😭

i think his last though was "i should agree with his conditions"

Dex-chan lover
Thank god someone spoiled that this manga was gonna go to shit way back at the beginning, I would have been legitimately pissed if I wasn't expecting this bait-and-swap.
Because that's all this really is.
We were baited into a relatively orthodox reincarnation story with the obvious endgame being that the MC gets released from the slave contract and marries the girl he loves, but NOPE, all these characters die and it's just mindless revenge murder

Users who are viewing this thread