Kekkaishi e no Tensei

Aggregator gang
Wait, I remember this. Wasn't this that one webnovel that went to absolute shit very quickly? It's been a long time, but I faintly remember there being
tragedy due to either abrupt killings out of nowhere, nonsensical situations, and retarded choices by the main character. Mainly the latter, because the character and world development is ZERO in this series, the main character becomes more unlikable as the story progresses.

Edit: Added spoiler, though seeing the tags for this series it's not like it was needed.

Dex-chan lover
I like how it start exactly like skyrim meme with darkening screen and then - carriage
lol

The same dimwitted dimwits complaining about a completely fine series, just because it's not worldchanging or superamazingly original.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person bothered by how commonly manga uses rape. In my mind rape is worse than physical assault- wounds heal. I was hit by a car when I was a teenager, and it sucked but I recovered eventually. My friend who was raped has NEVER been the same girl. Psychological trauma is so much more destructive than physical. We aren't even sure how to properly deal with PTSD yet, we just try our best.

Is rape that common in JP? Or is it so rare that no one thinks twice about it as a plot device?

W/e, sorry, I've just been bothered by how much rape I've seen in isekai lately.

Fed-Kun's army
People should seek help if they don't understand that this is a fictional story set in a fictional world with fictional characters.

So all I can say for this is prepare to be triggered. The first 4 to 5 chapters are nice...but after that..well you shall see.

Wait, isn't this the one where at some point
all of the characters other than the MC die?
Well... I dunno, I kinda stopped reading the novel so I don't know if it ever improves but I feel like I'm not gonna like this one all that much either...

Dex-chan lover
People keep complaing when isekai mango gets too unrealistic but when it tries to be realistic people also complaining. "B-but it's rape" Well, it's an era where King is above everything and he's an asshole so what do you expect?

Japan has a serious issue with rape and sexual abuse in it’s manga. Too often is it used as a plot device that turns out never leads anywhere. They mention it once then sweep it under the rug like it’s no big deal. It’s disgusting.

@Yotanwa I think the fact it was ignored and swept under the rug is part of the world building. Women, even strong women, were bartering chips and political moves not treated as real people. It just showing you it's that kind of world. Not everything is happy go lucky.

While I'm personally not a fan of it being used as a plot device strictly because it infuriates me, I think it's far worse when they just hang the sexual assault over your head as some deadline the hero has to beat. Rescue the innocent girl before she gets raped. In this case there is absolutely nothing anyone could have done other than not sending her off to get married in the first place. And instead of some traumatic event that ruins her life forever it's shown as something that can heal over time with the right emotional support. I think that is a far better message.

Users who are viewing this thread