Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

My vote is continue from where other groups left off, the earlier chapters can be done piecemeal in between.

Thank you for your work!

I would suggest picking up where the other translators left off. This story wasn't updated for almost half a year 😭 So yeah i am pretty confident most followers are dying to find out how it continues. On the other hand if you would start to re-translate all the 40-odd chapters that would be a ton of work and the interest would probably be diminished by quite a bit.

Yay!! I would be happy with a fresh start to the manga and I am willing to wait for good quality chapters thanks for translating.

As others have said, it's fine to pick up translating from where the other groups left off. It's been over 5 months which is a pretty good sign that the group had stopped the series or is at least too busy to work on this. Rule of thumb seems to be that anything that hasn't been updated in 3+ months is fair game.

That, and I'm pretty sure most other groups won't touch this since it's been licensed.

@onion_horse
The more time you spend on getting the editing and translation right, the happier readers like me will be, and the less we'll complain about it in the comments, so there's that, too.
You severely underestimate how ungrateful the average reader is. They might not complain about the quality of the translation, but they'll sure as hell complain about the speed.

Dex-chan lover
huh...an HQ release?

might as well do the earlier Whimsub pages. those were made when they just started so the quality is quite bad.

I suppose I need to thank you first for picking up this series. As for the question, i think it's much better if you continue this series from where the previous group left off. High quality scanlations is much appreciated, even if it takes longer time to release

Group Leader
I would prefer a continuation from where it was left off, and have no personal preference for quality.

Double-page supporter
I prefer slower but higher quality release.

We've been waiting all this time, it won't hurt much to wait a bit longer and it saves some efforts of high quality re-release.

"New chapters please. Old ones if we ever catch up"

This, please

This is a series I wouldn't mind rereading, but I'd definitely rather see what happens next

I'd very much like a focus on new chapters before you begin redoing the older ones, it's been months since the manga has been updated.

Agreed with the general sentiment here. Nice as it is that you've picked it up, most of us don't want to wait another 2+ years while you catch up with the existing translation. So please, start by continuing from where the previous translation left off, then if you feel an abundance of enthusiasm once it's caught up to the RAWs, then worry about retranslating the older ones.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, while readers only want more newer chapters to read to the point that they'll swallow even the worst releases out there, no one can really tell you what to do. If you want to start from chapter 1, well, you do you. It's YOUR hobby. Anyone telling you otherwise is the cancer of this community. Well, not as bad as translators that kill other translators via their self proclaimed pirating copyright.

Well... My vote would go to: Would you be so kind to continue where the other Group stopped.
And wark as fast/slow as you yourself are happy with it. I´m just grateful that you decided to continue it .
But be careful, because SevenSeasEntertainment got the Licenses for the LightNovel and the Manga.

Dex-chan lover
Slower but higher quality please.

Do newer chapters first. Old chapters are fine if you're caught up with the raws.

Slower but higher quality please

maybe new chapters then old ones if you ever catch up

thanks for continuing this manga

Tbh I would prefer fast but low quality ones, but I guess the majority want vice versa. Also, continue from the old group left off.

Thank you for picking this up ^^

I would like it if you would continue where the last group left off.

You can take your time in translating; a high quality translation is very appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread