Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Having the whole series with a high quality translation by a single group would be nice, in principle -- this series has gone through the hands of so many different scanlators that the quality of translation, typesetting, even characters' names are all over the place currently, one group deleted all their uploads, etc. It would be great to have one consistent archive done by a single group.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know you guys. Given how cursed the TL for this series has been, I don't currently trust you to get through the 40+ chapter backlog without burning out and abandoning it before you even get to the new chapters. If I'm only gonna get a couple chapters before you vanish like every other group before you, I'd rather those chapters be ones I haven't seen before. That's just the selfish truth.

I don't mind waiting a few weeks or months while you work through the backlog, as long as you actually make it to the end and keep it going. I just don't have any faith that that will happen, currently. This isn't at all a comment about your abilities or commitment, it's just... things haven't gone well in the past, and this seems to be the first manga that yall are uploading under this group name, so I really have no reason to trust you yet. Build up a reputation for reliability and it'd be a different story, for sure.

Seeing as I did typeset ch 2(and redraw + typeset unreleased 3 and 4) i think it would be best to do the chapters, not typeset and redrawn so well...

Its complete hell trying to do the SFX but if you can do the ones not done by me, that would be great just for readability's sake.
Not saying to not do ch 2, but save your time ;-; its hell otherwise

I don’t mind starting over from chapter 1, it’s been so long I’ve forgotten a lot of the plot anyways. Either way is fine by me, tho

As for quality, I definitely prefer it to be high quality w/ a slower release schedule

Dex-chan lover
I hope you would catch up to the raws before going back and translating the already translated chapters. Also don’t mind waiting longer for HQ releases as long as it’s not months between chapters.

Better if you continue from missing chapter, glad this comic will continue to translate

Group Leader
@Apav Thank you for the kind feedback! We are doing a tally and it would seem that a lot of you wants the newest chapter. We will continue to do our best and will take note of everyone's opinion ^^

Group Leader
@MCX01 we most definitely will! Me and another staff loves this manga and was extremely saddened when the previous scanlator dropped it

Group Leader
@vcnomnom we have thrown the idea of 1 update every month, that'll be awful of course! the announcements of upload speed, quality, etc shall be discussed in the next upload!

Double-page supporter
Slower but high quality please. Also don't worry about the chapters already posted here for now; I would suggest that you focus on the backlog of "new" chapters to catch up to the raws. Then work on the missing old chapters on the side.

Aggregator gang
I like higher quality but it's not necessary as long as the translation is easy to read.

As for which chapters to translate first my preferred order is:
1) New chapters that haven't been translated at all yet.
2) Missing chapters not available on MangaDex.
3) Anything else with quality/consistency lower than your releases.

Basically, fill in the gaps so I can read from start to finish current chapter in one place.

Fed-Kun's army
New group please focus on quality! While having more chapters is obviously better, it wont be worth it if the quality isnt like it was with previous groups! the quality right now is great :)

Users who are viewing this thread