Kenja no Mago - Vol. 10 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
@Nick86 They know how strong he is. They are angering him on purpose to draw him into action against YS. They want him to obliterate the entire country if possible. Basically divide and conquer. If he ends up as the threat they can rule out enemies and alliances.

The demons are the ones doing it btw. Remember that.

Contributor
@Merilirem - Yea, as a non light novel reader make sense, thanks for the explanation. Can't wait for the anime too. 😎

Double-page supporter
@Goldenzeal the whole premise is idiotic. as you said word of mouth matters, so our villainous mastermind of the century is sending the non zealot believers (at least the author didnt / failed to portray them as zealots) to abduct the chick from the party of people with country wide renown for their fighting prowess? and they are like - okay, lets do it for great justice?
and the loudly "we are the false flag!1!1!!" shouting demons recon they can get away with it after previously getting farmed?

this whole damn thing is just so bloody childish. i could accept that and move on if it was glossed over like in most shounens, but the author tries to go into detail and flesh it out.
also, the gore clashes strongly and jarringly with the overall shounen writing - soon as gore is displayed gratuitously i (as well as most other readers, i assume) expect more adult themes and writing. and so far none of that is present. no subtlety at all, no intrigue, no grey scale characters, no moral ambiguity, no villains that are anything but cardboard cutouts with evil written over them in big red letters.

Sigh... I know, not most manga adaptation will follow the original WN/LN, but I still hope they follow the original series and not alter the plot too far from the novel.
Somehow because I read it from the novel viewpoint, it feels weird and doesn't fit me when I read the manga adaptation quite different from the novel

Double-page supporter
"rather than makes enemy of him, better makes him Demon too, then we will see the raise of Demonkin!"

.....is that glasses demon retard really a strategist?
Shin already OP enough, by making him Demon is like throw a "Tsar Bomba" to yellowstone....
and if his Demon form got berserk, forget about the 'raise of demonkin'... there's a apocalypse instead...
if he still sane after become Demon, did he think Shin would to support them?

Dex-chan lover
I've read the spoilers. I get the plot. But what I want to know is. Does the nation of Ys get marked as coconspiritors to demons? Because this is what gets you marked as coconspiritors and ultimately wiped from the fucking map.

@Nematoda
To add, they should know their master's origin. He demonized when the nobles made the commoners attack his wife and unborn child. Still sane, just stronger...
So turning Shin into a demon will only make the mortal god immortal and ultimately put the target on every demon's back. "The rise of the demons," would literally just become, "Shin is the only demon." That's if he doesn't come up with a way to undemonize and change it into a glorified power booster.

Dex-chan lover
Each page of this series takes forever to load for me. Am I the only one?

Aggregator gang
ya know if this guy was smart he would make something like a gps and a portable gate so that wherever she was taken he would get there immediately and screw them all over, buuut since the story has to follow the plot he wont think about it until after he has gone through a lot of trouble to save his girlfriend that is IF he actually does think of creating such things.

I don't understand. I thought Shin was 'sposed to be ultra OP. How can the demons show up (who already admit they can't fight Shin) and abduct his GF right in front of him?

Never mind the fact that Shin has spend the entire novel putting protective measures in place to prevent this exact type of development, Shin should be able to walk up to these people and rip their brains out of their skulls before they can react. Hell, those demons should have been blown into evil flavored meat confetti the moment they laid a hand on the GF from the way Shin keeps giving her defensive enchantments.

What a failure of a story. The MC can be OP, but once they are OP combat related tension becomes unbelievable. You can't have it both ways.

Shin is really the most useless OP MC ever.He has all sorts of absurd skills and magic but still lets two weaklings take his gf right in his face and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Fed-Kun's army
This is so annoying, especially because I'm feeling pity more than anything else towards the author. (S)he's trying so hard to make this a somewhat more adult shonen manga than normal, and I really appreciate it with the more developed romance. But when we're getting to more serious topics like the summit and this whole "emotional vulnerability" thing, it's just so...painfully...obvious that said author is out of his/her depth and is not taking the necessary time off to study to cover the lack of knowledge.

@Nematoda It hasn't been explicitly laid out, but the impressions I'm getting throughout this series is that becoming a demon makes you either navel-gazingly arrogant or suicidal. Every single one of them demonstrates a stupid lack of interest in doing anything productive with what they have, and doesn't seem to have any concern at all with the idea that they might fail miserably. Jarring to read about, but rather fitting for the kind of corruption and backstories we've seen so far.

Dex-chan lover
God damnit. Why is she still so useless? And Shin should be more than capable of the crossing the distance. He was no longer busy with the others. Why did it take him so long to reach her?

Dex-chan lover
Incredible that he, having this world knowledge and knowing spatial magic, hasn't created something like a marker that allows him to open a gate to wherever she is (in case of emergency

Users who are viewing this thread