Kenja no Mago - Vol. 16 Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
@Digi-Lib

After reading it, the way I see it is:

First chapter he's 8, and later on he has his 15th birthday.

This chapter he's 16, and he's mentioning that 15 years ago he celebrated his first birthday...

Because he was a year old at the time. Or at least, that's either the estimate or the date his grandparents found him (I forgot and too lazy to check a dozen volumes). And you celebrate your FIRST birthday after a year of your life passed. He's celebrating 16th now, because 16 years passed since he was adopted etc.

So yeah, he's 16 now.

@Abedeus Yeah, that's probably what they meant. Or Cecile was saying something to the effect of "on the day I was born, your grandfather picked you up." But this is was really poorly worded. I hope it was just a translation mistake and not a retcon to make him younger than Cecile.

Dex-chan lover
@Digi-Lib

I mean, I kinda understood it. "I was born the day you were adopted". So he's probably a few months older than her, too. He can't be younger than her since they started counting his age a while after he was born, when they found/adopted him.

@Abedeus I swear, it looks like a mistake by the translator or the writer, because they imply he's 15 twice in this chapter, but he is supposed to be 16 because they already celebrated his 15th in ch1. I assumed he was probably a few days, maybe a month old when his grandfather picked him up. But I don't know. All the info I find says that he was 15 in ch.1. I'm just going to assume the translation is off.

Aggregator gang
Why can't we get hot Popes in real life instead of crusty old dudes. If we did maybe I'd be religious or at least pretend to be.

Dex-chan lover
25e.png

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks thanks, I was just about to ask "and then they boinked?"

Because I am unsure if its implied they did it after that last smile, or during (it was very teary, as if she was in pain)

Users who are viewing this thread