Kenja no Mago - Vol. 6 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
With how the Bluesphere values are presented and the 'triggers' for demonization, it's a wonder how the empire isn't already over run with demons before this, tbh.

Maybe if other magicians in the empire were like Strom. They're not though. They're likely more like the ones who did this to him because he actually wanted to treat his commoners like human beings. Even the common folk in the empire who had magic potential never had magic training, because they're little more than slaves. Nothing scares the shit out of people more than the people they oppress actually getting educated in ways that could allow them to do something about the oppression.

Aggregator gang
His wife stabbed by spears on the wall was a lot more graphical than I expected it to be. At least she was in one piece with no guts hanging out like the artist usually likes to draw their mangled victims.

Double-page supporter
This is possibly one of the best character's. I've read/seen, I seriously can't say I wouldn't do the same in his shoes, lloll he did what he wanted without going overboard, not intoxicated with power, also those are some dumb ass NPC's , like god damn

The backstory is great and all but is all it takes for a guy to go devil is to have magic power and be really angry? Thats it? I was under the impression it was more like alchemy from how he messed with the kid from the beginning. Also it said this all happened two years ago but they also said he was the kids tutor and working in the kingdom academy for many years.

Dex-chan lover
"Please forgive us for brutally murdering your wife and unborn child because we believed some unknown guy over you who worked to the bone for our sakes!"
Hahaha

Banned
Ugh. Pointless chapter. So stupid.
After a characer has already been set up as a cackling maniac, it is kinda pointless to give him some sort of bog-standard backstory and dedicate an entire full-length chapter to it... especially when it doesn't explain why he was pratting about in Earlshide in the first place, AND his goal in the present is already achieved by merely dethroning the Empire (was there any need to attack the country he supposedly respected? Not that I see).
Heck, the backstory was predictable from the outset, so none of this was necessary.

Just get back to the main story already.

I'm kinda liking Oliver at this point, destroyed the empire, which he very much deserved to do, and had no desire to destroy anything else thereafter. I just hope he doesn't get manipulated by others into attacking other kingdoms at this point. Yes, he has done some messed up shit in his experiments, but... well... in order to make an omelet, you need to crack a few eggs. I say let him be the new emperor of the new reformed empire.

Aggregator gang
This was the most hamfisted "sad back story" I've read in a while.
Even the way it was introduced was comically out of place.

why is this guy the villain again? He is completely justified in his actions, and doesnt even want to invade the kingdom which doesnt mistreat their commoners

Users who are viewing this thread