Kenja no Mago - Vol. 8 Ch. 26

Contributor
@Amplify neither of them(plastic or metal) is easy to make, with the looks it has on the manga, without industrial level machinery, and there's no way that thing on page 41 is made of leather or animal skin.

Dex-chan lover
@jokerxhisoka:
Metal exists and could likely be shaped by magic easily enough, this world doesn't have to rely on "industrial level machinery" for making stuff into tricky shapes.

Plastic is the hard one, since they are unlikely to have figured out the process behind making it yet.

Contributor
@Amplify I doubt there's a magic that they just have to chant to get a bottle with an exact shape and with words drawn on it, that's too specific, and something that they have to put their mind in to it to take a certain shape is the same as manufacturing even if it's with magic, meaning it would have imperfections, plus, a bottle with a lid that you screw wouldn't hold well the liquid inside.

Dex-chan lover
@jokerxhisoka:
There is one other big possibility: The artist drew it that way simply out of his own convenience, so it'd be easy to draw and the reader would understand what it is they're looking at here.

as much power that seems to come out of Cicily when shes mad... you'd think shed seem more powerful and useful. Even in intimidation methods...

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, they don't know what flotation devices are and on the other they know and understand the sun is dangerous to the skin AND they have sunscreen. Anything for your precious beach episode, huh?

Dex-chan lover
When a bunch of people comment that they're dropping something, or that beach episodes are shit, but some other folks are just arguing about the material a bottle is made out of.

Aggregator gang
@Glomoro

i know. The folks in the comment section are never a disappointment. If certain manga genre have their tropes and clichés, so do their readers' comments.

im sure most of people who read this manga say " its trash " Yes for Us maybe " im not one of you thats for sure " in japan thats different story so yeah keep saying " trash " in every isekai you read because they dont care and still earn money either you like it or not xD

Double-page supporter
Wait what's so bad about gramps fishing off the dock?

Ugh. I can't believe the author really shoved in a beach swimsuit chapter. Don't they ever get tired of that?

Banned
Japan must really love the same tired old clichés over and over again. Can't say as it really does it for me... but most anime and manga involving teenagers (which IS most anime and manga) end up having a "Summer Break" with the same "Mountains or Sea" choice (in that order too) as if it were somehow the most obvious boolean choice in the world.... and while they don't always pick the sea, the sea will inevitably lead to a beach chapter / episode with bikinis and suchlike on a totally standard sandy beach (usually with others around too).
Then it is typically blah blah blah OMG BIG WATER blah yakisoba blah blah shaved ice blah blah save girl from half-naked guys asking her to "have some fun" blah blah bikini comes off blah blah someone can't swim and is drowning (with occasional giant octopus)...

Well... it'd be tough to tick all the boxes in a fantasy isekai world... but they try their best. They even get bonus points for the conspicuously anachronistic features... oh yeah and knowing intuitively how to play volleyball despite being all "Dafuq is that?" about the ball beforehand.
Yeah, this chapter is kinda pandering bullshit.

But whatever. I'm used to manga being like this.

I think most people are forgetting this is a comedy. It doesn’t have to make sense. Some stuff is funny cause it’s all bullshit. Don’t think so hard this isn’t a deep story telling manga it’s just here to make you laugh smile and enjoy yourself.

But please keep arguing down here in the comments it’s funny as fuck.

ah yes, the beach episode, the fanservice episode to be more exact, this reminds me, do any of you have any recommendations for a comedy manga that makes fun of this kinda tropes?
i dont hate it or anything, i just think it's funny

Users who are viewing this thread