Kenja no Mago

Double-page supporter
@TwilightFaze I don’t think that’s the case. Personally I don’t mind cliche’s but it has to be executed right. Take One Punch Man for example, it’s as cliche as it gets even if it’s tryna be a parody. The reason it stands out despite itself is that it executes the cliches in a near perfect matter. The side characters around MC are dynamic and unique despite how bland Saitama is he is surrounded by a colorful set of characters in a very interesting world, despite knowing that Saitama will save the day with one punch you can’t help but be at the edge of your seat as the plot plays out.

Now take this manga and I guess you can also call it an anime now. The MC is boring as a box of rocks and as for the side characters you could couldn’t find cardboard cutouts anymore boring. I get that maybe some people are just exhausted but I don’t think I am. The plot devices used in this story are just lousy. Take this evil bishop arc, why go through all this trouble for this result? It’s almost like they were trying to make this series even more boring and lousy than it already is.

Yo just saying i'm fucking loving this shit so far

can someone give me a suggestion to a similar manga/anime
would be much appreciated

Double-page supporter
@Stux you *might* like A Story About Treating a Female Knight Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman. Its not exactly the same but romance wise just as wholesome imo.

😍😍Love it, he is so OP. Defenedly one of the best isekais I have ever read in my entire otaku life. 😍

i somehow feel boring since ch25 but i'm not gonna drop it, i'll just stock up chapters and read it later in one go.

Aggregator gang
@firefox1234: Point taken, I take back what I said. Great examples too! You're 100% right on the cliches being executed right. I want to piggyback that oversaturation is a recipe for disaster. Even if they're good, if there's too many, it becomes a gimmick and it kills the story. Plus I have to agree the side characters are pretty bleh, but to be fair they never really fleshed out either, None of them had a proper arc where they take center stage. Maybe that'll change in the future, but who knows.

I think some of the arcs were hit and miss, this one too: It had its moments and it had its letdowns. I also stand by my theory on the Archbishop:
I'm of the belief that his real purpose is in the next chapter and his involvement is what moves the story along. Remember that he was brainwashed and manipulated by the demons, but if we're honest we don't know for how long or if that's his real personality. His freakout at the very end has me believing that he's not actually that bad a guy, but is not all that good either, but the demons drowned him in those wicked thoughts. Yes, I know, that's a cliche too, but I can't help but feel his interrogation will help enlighten the team to tracking down the demons and Archbishop Fuller might even get a chance at redemption. It's also a real possibility that I'm dead wrong and he's an evil prick pretending to be nice and will just get assassinated in jail or something by the demons. Either way, I think his interrogation is what will help move the story along. That's his ultimate purpose. Just a theory though.

@unknownids @TwilightFaze That was not my point. I wanted the MC to save them I'm just really tired of this "rocket team" effect when the mc is merdiful to people that (in most) will keep comming back and causing problems. in some mangas I used to read the MC spared the lifes of murderers for like the same reason and in a few chapters later they come back cause more problems more inocent people die and what they do in the end? forgive them again. I'm full of this bullshit. I never coment on things like this but i really wanted to know if there are people that are full of this shit like me. i can't be the only one. I jsut want a story when the MC do what it has to be done. I don't think i'm asking for much.

@Serakym The MC from God of Martial Arts is pretty good about that, he usually kills anyone that fights him (Assuming he wins the fight anyway.)

Maybe the MC from Combat Continent 1(?) (The novel version, not the manhua.)

Aggregator gang
@SpradlinTM: Can you recommend a good source? I gave up trying to find a good LN site after a few years because translation was dirt-bad and made things unreadable.

Double-page supporter
@Serakym you aren't the only one, I assure you of that. Never understood how people can be cool with bad people can being let off, and im talkin about guys like this pope whos a clear sexual deviant and anyone who has a mother, sis, or daughter would never let go but guess what I'm sure a slap in the face will make him a good guy again....🙄 I swear some people think that they would have solved the holocaust by having a sitting down with Hitler and telling him that killing jews is bad.
Edit: Just saw this and couldn't be more perfect😂
98gw62cv80vz.png

idk why I still read this... I can't believe it got an anime. Maybe the plot is too advanced or too sophisticated for me... but it put me off the minute the mc and that girl "fell in love". I hate this author sooo much for making the whole story a little too convenient. but hey, if it's your cup of tea i guess.

mrf

Some of you said this got an anime...

What are you sure about that?
Is it really? If so I'm gonna stop reading till the manga and the anime, both completed. Just like the other manga that got anime adaptation. I like waiting and enjoy it when it's done.
Oh and scream "why is it end so fast!?" I'm going to marathon it next years or so.

Fed-Kun's army
I liked reading it as a generic isekai. But, too many narrative issues. I hate that the author is dragging the plot on the conflict between Shin and the demons.
Narrative: 6/10
Enjoyability: 8/10
Creativity: 8/10

The author has really strayed. They literally show up, do something bad; shin gets mad.
and, they get away. In the beginning, it was refreshing to see how he and the characters would act. when fighting Strom, he literally almost vaporizes Storm instantly. Strom used his wits to get out of there. Putting aside that he used the sun’s rays, the fact stays that Shin has easy methods to hunt and destroy them. When he was 8, he used a radar that stretched for kilometers. Also, the demons literally become what they hated. Maybe, it’s a metaphor, but they are intelligent; the author never mentions or the demons never realize their actions. But, it’s more infuriating when there’s pages on pages of them dissing the empire and then moves on to do the same thing as what the empire did.

Group Leader
oof, i was indeed pondering on what would have happened if shin became a demon when first demon was introduced. Dude is already OP, but what would happen if he became released of his shackles.

Users who are viewing this thread