Kichiku Eiyuu - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Further into darkness

Dex-chan lover
This is an example of what they call ungrateful bunch. Galaxy Degen Scans produced so many good scanlations in the past. You got no right to talk shit if you don't even scanlate something. Silas would have the right though.
🤓☝️ you are the type of dude to tell people to be grateful when their landlord increases their rent 30% for no reason. erm guys you need to be grateful to this group who intentionally witholds manga until someone starts to translate it and then mass drops to discourage them from doing it. ALSO YOU CANT CRITICIZE THEM UNLESS YOU SCANLATE YOURSELF.

Dex-chan lover
🤓☝️ you are the type of dude to tell people to be grateful when their landlord increases their rent 30% for no reason. erm guys you need to be grateful to this group who intentionally witholds manga until someone starts to translate it and then mass drops to discourage them from doing it.
I would happily raise your rent by 30% for banana reason.

Group Leader
Hi friend. Unlike you I'm grateful to both Silas and GD. Don't be so mad about it.
People are allowed to criticize regardless. There's a very marked difference between "we've been busy" or "real life keeps delaying us" versus "we release one chapter every two-to-six months because we get more money that way", and the latter isn't something anyone should feel grateful for.

Personally I don't think scanlation is something that people should be taking money for - and the argument that they're "donations" is an excuse at best most times. These groups likely wouldn't release at all if they didn't get money.

It should be unconditional - not some patreon subscription gatekeeping garbo.

Dex-chan lover
... I wish there was some coordination between translator groups so the same manga didn't get multiple team/group while so many other doesn't even get one.
There is coordination, it's called "the readers." GD is providing a quality product at a very slow pace, Silas is providing a lower quality, but still good, product at many times the pace as GD. As such, GD is working on this as a matter of pride as the rest of us have jumped ship to Silas.

A similar example can be seen with Rightdark. Rightdark provides trash quality products at a rapid pace, but people jump ship to slower paced products that have many times the quality of Rightdark.

The readers will decide which group they want to support based on the speed and quality of the resulting scanlations.

Unfortunately for GD, they're working too many projects to keep up with many of them. They're a good group though, just need to learn to stop biting off more they can chew and to learn to let go.

Dex-chan lover
Just take the L bro. You have many other projects that I assume is just as late, go focus pn that instead

Contributor
People are allowed to criticize regardless. There's a very marked difference between "we've been busy" or "real life keeps delaying us" versus "we release one chapter every two-to-six months because we get more money that way", and the latter isn't something anyone should feel grateful for.

Personally I don't think scanlation is something that people should be taking money for - and the argument that they're "donations" is an excuse at best most times. These groups likely wouldn't release at all if they didn't get money.

It should be unconditional - not some patreon subscription gatekeeping garbo.
The problem is, it takes effort and time to do it. I made(make? Depression a bitch) mods for Tabletop Simulator, I got "paid" for like 3 of the mods I did, 2 of which was a friend just tossing me a copy of a like $20-30 game for the work I did in scripting. I mostly just did mods for games I liked, but the problem is if there is people with interest in a series + love it enough to translate it, they can already read any series they want if they have the ability to translate.

I mentioned to the dex mods a few years ago already about maybe adding a bounty system for stuff to be translated, at least that way there would be some transparency. I have recently been going through and dropping series because it has been 2-3 years without a single new released chapter on some. That and the chapters take so long to get released on some series that I forget most if not everything that happened in the series when there is few chapters released.

Group Leader
The problem is, it takes effort and time to do it. I made(make? Depression a bitch) mods for Tabletop Simulator, I got "paid" for like 3 of the mods I did, 2 of which was a friend just tossing me a copy of a like $20-30 game for the work I did in scripting. I mostly just did mods for games I liked, but the problem is if there is people with interest in a series + love it enough to translate it, they can already read any series they want if they have the ability to translate.

I mentioned to the dex mods a few years ago already about maybe adding a bounty system for stuff to be translated, at least that way there would be some transparency. I have recently been going through and dropping series because it has been 2-3 years without a single new released chapter on some. That and the chapters take so long to get released on some series that I forget most if not everything that happened in the series when there is few chapters released.
Sure, I'm aware of what it takes - I hit my own snags on the few series I work with. I also don't expect payment for anything I do. The nature of scanlation is murky when it comes to legality, which is why nobody "pays" TL groups, they just "donate".

But that's kind of it. If said passion for these series exists, then why is it that GD takes on every other new series they can and proceed to barely update it—only to pick it up when enough [paying] people complain—but if someone else tries to take it over without the patreon wall attached, they suddenly care enough to dissuade/scare off the competition? It's not about passion, it's not about "time and effort", it's about control.

Dex-chan lover
I should be thankful that they are too petty to give up a project that theyre so far behind on that another fan decided to just do it himself just so it would be done? Be thankful that they continue to be mediocre in quality despite having an over-abundance of "highly skilled QC, PR and TS", yet their projects are still littered with elementary school level mistakes? Yeah keep dreaming Brown Nose.
It honestly depends if silas will continue translating the monthly chapter releases or is dropping it now that we have caught up. If silas is dropping it now, then yes, we should be thankful gd is continuing to translate past where silas is dropping it. If silas continues then sure, we can continue to read the very readable silas scans while waiting for gd scans more high quality translations.

Dex-chan lover
WDYM by GD is slow. Are you blind? :kek: They literally released 14 ch in the last 30 days. :huh:
Lets look at chapter history
Ch 0-5 are "two years ago" meaning between 24 and 35 months ago.
6 and 7 are "last year" meaning between 12 and 23 months ago. (Two chapters in a year.)

Between 8 and 10 it was roughly 1 ch per month, which is fine.

2 months between ch 10 and 11

2 months between 12 and 13

3 months between 14 and 15/16

Silas starts posting and suddenly GD starts posting multiple chapters a month consistently.

As I said in my original post. GD is only posting as a matter of pride. They release infrequently in this case, very slowly in others, someone else picks it up and does it faster and suddenly GD can release on pace with the other group?

Power Uploader
I didn't visit MD for one day and I missed an entire thread dedicated for shitting on GD? God damn it.

Donation plugs are at an acceptable level. Hell, you can even do the Kirei Cake thing if you know what I mean. But paywalling chapters is the lowest level a scanlation group can stoop to. The ideal future is where we have more people like Silas.

Aggregator gang
WDYM by GD is slow. Are you blind? :kek: They literally released 14 ch in the last 30 days. :huh:
they've been know to stock pile chapter behind their paywalls. they are actually slow as shit until someone lights a fire under their asses. now their 'pride' commands them to say fuck the pay wall and refresh their stock with actual new chapters TLed.

honestly i do hope new mad lads snipe their series more often. constructive competition and all that.

Dex-chan lover
they've been know to stock pile chapter behind their paywalls. they are actually slow as shit until someone lights a fire under their asses. now their 'pride' commands them to say fuck the pay wall and refresh their stock with actual new chapters TLed.

honestly i do hope new mad lads snipe their series more often. constructive competition and all that.
Yea ik, I was just being sarcastic btw :meguu: bcz the guy I replied to was implying that GD takes looong time bcz of their quality assurance but then they popped out 14 ch in last 30 days when it'd have taken them 2y at their old pace. :huh:

Dex-chan lover
It honestly depends if silas will continue translating the monthly chapter releases or is dropping it now that we have caught up. If silas is dropping it now, then yes, we should be thankful gd is continuing to translate past where silas is dropping it. If silas continues then sure, we can continue to read the very readable silas scans while waiting for gd scans more high quality translations.

From the comment section of 56:
5714s8q.png

And for the record, I don't notice a stark difference in "quality" between the two unless it's pointed out for me. I don't really care much if there's minor differences either. I only really care when it's clearly thrown into google translate and MS paint, names are changed, or the scan group takes grievous liberties with translation structure for memes (lookin at you, Chillock)

Dex-chan lover
From the comment section of 56:
5714s8q.png

And for the record, I don't notice a stark difference in "quality" between the two unless it's pointed out for me. I don't really care much if there's minor differences either. I only really care when it's clearly thrown into google translate and MS paint, names are changed, or the scan group takes grievous liberties with translation structure for memes (lookin at you, Chillock)
thats fair. its purely a me thing cause my day job involves me noticing tiny errors in text like this (I work as an editor at a publishing company so my job is literally to catch grammar, spelling, and mistakes like this). So my brain has been hardwired to notice the small problems in stuff like this.

Group Leader
I didn't visit MD for one day and I missed an entire thread dedicated for shitting on GD? God damn it.

Donation plugs are at an acceptable level. Hell, you can even do the Kirei Cake thing if you know what I mean. But paywalling chapters is the lowest level a scanlation group can stoop to. The ideal future is where we have more people like Silas.
YO we meet again! I just discovered this series after looking through random raws (some godtier art made me click 👀 totally worth). I see sila won the the scan race, but as per usual of 99% of scan groups (regardless if they're solo or not), they are getting complacent with releases and we're missing like 4 chapters and they haven't uploaded in over three weeks. Once I get caught up with reading this I'ma pick this up 🤫. I don't even know the plot yet but everything looks better than PP. So this is what good manga looks like, huh?

Last edited:
Power Uploader
YO we meet again! I just discovered this series after looking through random raws (some godtier art made me click 👀 totally worth). I see sila won the the scan race, but as per usual of 99% of scan groups (regardless if they're solo or not), they are getting complacent with releases and we're missing like 4 chapters and they haven't uploaded in over three weeks. Once I get caught up with reading this I'ma pick this up 🤫. I don't even know the plot yet but everything looks better than PP. So this is what good manga looks like, huh?
Glad you found this gem. I honestly like this more compared to Parallel Paradise. The story in PP is better but this manga is basically comedy and it's hilarious in all the right ways. Also the art is significantly better than PP.

And while this whole GD debacle was going on, I was genuinely reminded of old Parallel Paradise days. Unlike TrinityLynn, GD is too big to fail. They're going to continue being the way they are.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread