Kill the Hero

"There's far too much useless information and minor character development/explanation/exposition. Totally unnecessary."

"There's too much story!" is certainly one of the hottest takes I've seen in a while. As if 2020 couldnt get any weirder now people are actively complaining about developing characters and world building.

I like this. It has a better buildup than Solo Leveling. I would love to see this art on Gu Daoist.

Only read through Chapter 2.

Korean comic. Game world parallel to the real world, with some spillover. Dude becomes a 'player'. Immediately goes for the necromancer angle. Just like Solo Leveling and Second Life Ranker. Look, I'm not gonna say its shit, this at least has an interesting prompt to it even if I've seen the whole 'betrayed at the end and having to start over from the beginning' thing before, but... If this doesn't develop into something more unique, I'm putting it on blast.

You're all f*cked up. stop comparing this to solo leveling you bean sized brain sh*ts. lots of people like this kind of genre just like how people like isekai even if the intro are always the same. it is also the same for this webtoon, same development but different plot you d*mb*ss buffoons.

After reading just chapters 1-3, I see what people are talking about. I think the best thing that they could have done was actually played out the first 2 or 3 chapters by just showing them in the final mission with the hero and then the betrayal. Then we space out the explanations in smaller bits instead of giant info dumps. The problem isn't too much information, it's how they're conveying the information. It's a giant exposition dump instead of an immersive explanation. In Solo Leveling, we can see that he's living through hell before he's reborn and we're invested in his relationships and personality WAY before he dies and is reborn. We also get the info when we need it instead of all at once.

That said, it's an interesting premise. I'll try to see if it gets better but the ability to tell a story well is more important than the story itself.

Dex-chan lover
This is so bad.

Look, till he solo an F class doungeon using random expensive items (as the reachest kid of the neighborhood) and wins a serious cringy boss battle it is still ok, but from there is a serious free fall...

He only gained some levels when he chose to solo as his second doungeon a C level one, and it clear it as it was nothing. That's stupid.
The first orc that he encounter is too much sturdy to be cut so because of plot armor the monster pretend to be a sack of potatoes while the mc continues to slash him. That's retard.
What if when he entered the dungeon he encountered an herd of orcs? End of the manwha?

Like before, after gained just some other levels, he goes for an A+ dungeon where he fight the boss: just a big random orc who allows him to escape and don't even chase him, plot armor I guess.

Also the plot is so damn random.
He want to join the force with the future strongest and self-proclaimed evilest player because they share common enemies, that could be reasonable, but that dude is just evil because yes. No backstory, I don't want a flashback, I just want a pannel where you explain why he is evil.
Also, the mc is quite the good guy, beeing allied with evil dudes doesn't bother him? I guess no, cause it seems he want also join an evil guild because yes.

Dex-chan lover
Nothing bad, but nothing great either. popcorn-comic at its finest. Read and forget immediately.
Whomever gave this a 10 is absolutely delusional. It's average at best.

@Pantera
"It will grow"
Oh, boy. You give these sort of comics way, waayy too much benefit of the doubt. It won't.
I can't believe some people treat these things as slow-aging wine.

this is like a meal you quickly cook cause you got something else to do. its fufilling but nothing special.
99GOZ3F8HXZ2fI0ojlONSm0OVn0eyDcH10p1whUP9uWjS6w19PdAjoSwJnaDwhkYv0ZvEazchaQ3iMUvnTgM78daMay-1qFl00Pr1-yEnDhEAzep10qpc2eYEt9CasVKUeFjvyKrj0h1j4jhIr8FMA

its got some potential tho.
5/10
Ikea meatballs with mash

I recommend to you all to drop the manga and start reading the novel because frankly, the manga makes no sense, explains nothing, miss informs at every possible moment and skips chunks of story very often, the feeling i get from reading this is as it's being extremely rushed. manga 1/10 novel 6/10

OK everyone is going to make the blatant Solo Leveling comparison.
The pacing here is much faster and more abrupt than the other one, the fidelity of art is not as high, the MC is less relatable and more of an edgelord.

So I view this as a 'diet' or 'budget' Solo Leveling that is a nice read after Season 1 of Solo Leveling ended and waiting for Season 2 of Solo Leveling to begin.
I mean the team behind this is probably not as experienced, or have a limited budget or as not as big as Solo Leveling, so I am setting my expectations accordingly.

Of course there are other frequently updated manga that fulfill this itch better such as 'Dungeon Reset' or 'FFF-Class Trashero', but this is fine read as is. (6 or 7/10 its fine)

Aggregator gang
Me. Sees the title
Kill the Hero
Maybe it's finally some dark shit where main character aren't a pussy who will try to save EVERYONE

One day, the world transformed into a game.
GAME MECHANICS

Another garbage. They say not to judge book by its cover but I will take that risk.
P.S. This pointless comment is just my BUTTHURT! I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE IT. I'm searching for some cool fantasy shit but most of the time it's either isekai for brain dead or some boring trash with game mechanics. God damn it. I don't want this garbage, I want garbage with different taste!
https://----[! URL is only accessible to you. !]----/SFz-vukIjeaCmLiH5_n480x2qOU0AJ_05WlYyCbbyXvbuQO5HB0gTuFzPNJw5oFn5jYYKYTYMO9DjNxV8sgqhQ4Dr33KbDaJ2edAMnLjHF1PiHgySxhC5sG_nSi4H9sRb1eTxf9GavHrznvMx2CuXF_auO61OWYBBCuPKFZzws5sg6EymeBTH4RQ1l73ao8CcS2Pcf2DTtC3Q5Z6AnMj0I2Q_PmxCYrFn9oozQnnHvo1d6t0jYJZLWwNGhkrGlvYG6byVcECDRPESyW7QxzycFVrpvdWlI0F8VgSPHo1AFyxLEJHbxm4hcqftGJ-c412e5TLoUckCsRW-zZCP-mWT9Ztowb7mjO1qENVLUC-ndu1OlHVr6knQrMG4M-tg8DeD2akLGkgFLarEJuFL5ts_PFKKZ_T81WJrlS1BOZx6-HKXlUT601szml6Pkz5POQRSZ_wTPGRsJifyFV2zOSbsvH9i42X3jo6n6LzZo8F9aeDR6HmOpbCF7Gng8hbu8SJXj--MUX6K49u4Jn7VX05dDs-Up5kkXQhKILZ2JIuRMinMq1_S9MjegKwG4i4hQQpmOsFAf8m7CW01L2JGSkm3pymAMp6wfjoVr6LK--1oTluuArs0BQK0Y5BFKUYzlZpzFIY-203gO6MUoGUbj5hM7Ol9p_dUriQuKMcYhUcXDqjsRsP0fP7or2x1U3wDw=w330-h300-no?authuser=0

Dex-chan lover
Bad, but readable if you got nothing else to do. Solid 3.

People are saying it's bad but I actually enjoyed this lol. Gonna keep reading as more chapters come out.

If anyone has recommendations about better works I'm open to hearing them and checking them out.

I like the story so far and I hope the MC will keep doing solo dungeon raids since a lot of the "going against the hero" trope mangas/ manhwas are dropping the "lone wolf" trope very quickly.
And you shouldn't compare every single work that uses the concept of dungeons and monsters suddenly appearing on earth with Solo Leveling. Tbh, I like SL a lot, but it wasn't even the first manhwa to introduce that concept and it's just annoying hearing people go all "This manga is so much like Solo Leveling, what a rip-off!" at this point...

But, hey, we don't have a sick family to take care of this time. Our MC was ruthless from the start and isn't getting corrupted by a system. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bookmarked.

Wooow, merci beaucoup pour vos traductions haha, c'est vraiment magnifique, c'est aussi un tel bonheur de lire vos scanlations et ce personnage principal est juste sublime, ce webtoon est vraiment à mon goût haha, encore une fois merci beaucoup pour tous vos efforts, on apprécie sincèrement vôtre dur travail !

L'autre invincible est vraiment con. À la base je me disais "enfin un personnage secondaire qui reconnaît la force du Mcdo et le respect un peu pour ça ce qui est plutôt rare dans les webton " et la seconde d'après il l'attaque pour une broutille et s'étonne de se retrouver le cul par terre.
Enfin, merci pour votre travail

Users who are viewing this thread