Killing their child for no reason is a very common thing in ancient Korea?

I read alot of manhwa lately, and i see many stories its about father killing their children for no reason. So, is it something that happens often in ancient Korea? That why they're use it like common content?

Yes, Asia or Europe are the same, royals kill each others but it has a big reason just like the fight for throne , not some silly reasons or simply he is a bad guy so he kill his child.

Any korean here?

Dude, what do you expect from manwhas or however that its spelled. Most of them, especially the popular ones go by the rule of cool, so if they think thats a cool idea they just put it. The plot usally ends up as a mess but who cares right?
I can count the decent manwhas I have read with the fingers of my two hands. At least they are better than the chinese mangas, that are all bad.

Group Leader
I mean, it used to be acceptable to stone your children for talking back in the bible days.

Dex-chan lover
Remember though, food was kinda scarce and contraception technology was practically non existent as well multiple wifes and concubines or prostitutes,

gotta keep the bloodlone pure and free of heirs fighting each other.

Probably just to make a point of MC's tragic life. Average manhwas are about as subtle as your basic power fantasy isekai.

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

MC's tragic background needs to start somewhere. And it would be better if it started earlier.
"Oh your MC had a happy life, then a demon pays visit to his/her happy little village and massacred all of his/her lovely happy little friends, family and neighbors?"
"My MC had his/her mother thrown into a death forest while pregnant, and he/her had to crawl out from her womb, and survive alone in the middle of SSSS-Rank monsters"

Aggregator gang
@randomguy01 well the people pushing for no abortions won’t pay pregnant women like they have children. So no they aren’t. Also most abortions are normally done due to health problems or genetic defects

Dex-chan lover
Surprisingly I couldn't find much research or systemic reviews on such a topic in regards to the major reasons to abortion; the ones I found were 1987-2013 in USA and they basically refer to each other as there aren't many papers. It seems most were due to financial/career (around 60-70%) whilst health concerns were less than around 20%.

Apparently south Australia 95% of abortions were elective in 2014-15 period.

"United Kingdom; doctors have seven reasons to choose from. In practice, the third reason (C), which states that continued pregnancy threatens the physical or mental health of the mother, has become the de facto response for elective abortion. In 2019, it was the statutory reason for 98% of all abortions among residents of England and Wales"

I can't guarantee whether the stat providers were biased or not but I'm kinda surprised that google is flooded with the whys of both sides making it hard to search for numbers

Also this probs should go on another thread, but OP was posting about child murder so kinda relevant but manhwa and IRL are kinda different.

P.s Also badass MCs always need dark backstories/childhood to account for the atrocities they commit against civies or the antagonists.

Personal Opinion:
Abstinence+Planned Parenthood+Genetic Testing solves most of the problems.

Aggregator gang
@congnong anyway back on topic after a couple hours of reading though historical papers random child murderings were not a thing in ancient Korea although there is evidence of a few before the first kingdoms formed. Random child murdering did not happen in ancient Korea

Users who are viewing this thread