Kilroy Was Here

That looks like Jet Set Radio doujin, drawn by Takeshi Obata, who was playing too much "The world ends with you" at the time.

...or not. Those are the best visual references that my unsophisticated brain was able to come up with.

Dex-chan lover
Wow that ending was very cool, haven't seen any manga do something like that yet
10/10 for me just for the creativity there

Fed-Kun's army
so kilroy was dead long ago? and she was doing this fight club shit where she thought she was being taught by killroy himself when in reality she's just being taught by killroy's art all along?
GOD FUCKING DAMN that was cool

Group Leader
@FaOzz
Yes!!! I was waiting for someone to comment on how good that was. Like it's what made me give this oneshot a high rating.

Group Leader
Jesus, fucking awesome from start to finish, I was blown away by the ending. Nice touch from the translators

Dex-chan lover
This ends up deeper and more metaphorical than I thought. 10/10, definitely following this artists.

At the end of the day, you should learn from experience, not only your own but others as well. That way you have more than your own heart and soul when crafting your works.

Also, how Killroy's artist's name was so much value and not his crafts that a plastic bottle was considered a work of art is pretty much modern day artists. When was the last time you listen to a song because it sounded good and not because a mainstream artist made it?

(Also can we just appreciate the talent went into drawing the girl tired and sweating? I felt like I was reading a H doujin with so much detail at those beads of sweat.)

Dex-chan lover
@Constipat8 wow well props then man, that was a very apropos and cool addition to the ending of the story, and the 10/10 for creativity goes to you i guess ?

Fun Fact: The meme "Kilroy was here" started all the way back during world war 2 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilroy_was_here) and a similar meme "Foo was here" started during world war 1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_was_here).

This was really cool, some of her faces definitely made me feel like she was about to go into some hentai monologue about how she was sexually aroused from making art tho.

Users who are viewing this thread