Kimi ga Shinu Made Ato 100 Nichi

how can anyone rate this as one... i get it if it a 6 to 8 but it is such a bittersweet story with a lot of depth to the characters, especially how the art mixes up sometimes, it is executed so well.for example when a funny moments happens the art is cute, but when it become serious the face expression is amazingly detailed . would recommend this to anyone

Went from solid 8/10 to 4 for now. I hope future chapters can redeem the story again

this is something that would be good if it was kept short with a conclusive ending like 7 chapters max. but author kept dragging it on long after he should've ended it and now it sucks.

This would be salvaged if it was a short story but:
1. The characters are really dumb, or shallow I guess. They say meaningless things and cry every other panel (so much so that crying isn't a significant event anymore)
2. I'm disappointed with the plot. Back when it started out there were plot mysteries regarding Umi's true feelings and thoughts and why her lifespan fluctuates. I had many expectations for complex character building, but all we got was some woke but non-substantial dialogue, lots of crying and lots of that same copy and paste smile Umi wears. All we got in the end, was some cliche bored god who is for some reason very cruel and Tarou very predictably strikes a deal with him, loses his memories, is recovering them etc.
Climax of the manga (solving Umi's lifespan) was also very anticlimactic and boring.
3. Maybe this manga would have been a lot more bearable if the characters weren't crying all the time, and if they didn't spew random quotes. The author really took this way too seriously, which if she didn't could have made it so much more bearable as a simple gag manga with some emotional moments.

Conclusion:
Had high expectations due to the meaningless suspense in the beginning, got shot down with shallow characters and bad storytelling.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@jamaney
the context where this manga was so emotional and bitter sweet, and went to cheap repetitive drama could be considered as tragedy to this point

Yeah, the god trope was a bit disappointing, and memory returning quest is nothing but dragging out the story to cram in more chapters. But I still enjoyed this manga.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Will this have a sad ending? I don't wanna feel depressed, I want a happily ever after. I don't see a tragedy tag, so I'm optimistic.

If i'm wrong, please let me know....

Fed-Kun's army
what a fucking shitty plot point. Who would ever want to read something with such an obvious shit tier ending

Fed-Kun's army
It's okay. There's no tragedy tag here it's safe happy ending... Right?

That's basicly what's happening the whole time and it's gripping my heart man that yandere stalker girl really pisses me off!

@retardedass2
I second that.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, first chap had me shed a tear, I have high hopes for this one :)
EDIT ; I caught up, and its really disturbing, some drawings are so creepy. And the ambiance is pretty dark even with those tiny bits of fluff.
The whole god thing was very disappointing. they are just forcing a role reversal and the amnesia thing is such a cliché, can't believe the author used that.
I had high expectations with this one, bt all went to smoke

Lmao, I was wondering why this was lower in the ratings. But holy shit, this author came outta nowhere with the most generic Asian tv drama troupe in existence. Am-fucking-nesia. Went from enjoyable to exasperated in a single chapter and hasn't recovered yet.

Bummer tbh.

Code:

IDC if I have to wait months for the next chapter. I WILL, I HAAAVE TO SEE HIM MERGE WITH HIS PAST SELF. THAT'S WOULD BE THE BEST WAY FOR THIS ARK TO END.

Code:

I don't know why so many people don't like, or rated it bad. Yeah it's cliche in some areas but this puts a somewhat new perspective on romance/physiological manga. I've personally never seen a manga have a plot like this.

Users who are viewing this thread