Kimi ni Aisarete Itakatta - Vol. 6 Ch. 38 - Desire

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn, I know Hiroshi is meant to be this "angelic boy" but he fucked up in saying he's not a virgin when it's obvious he is. Why the fuck would he want to look cool infront of someone who was doing it with ugly bastards? Tf man. She's broken and had a lot of suffering but do you get off of broken birds that much?

Reading these comments and then comparing them to responses from Japanese readers who mostly feel a lot of empathy and pity for Kanae is crazy
What do the Japanese readers say? I feel more pity for Kanae. I low-key shipped her with Narumi.

Dex-chan lover
Reading these comments and then comparing them to responses from Japanese readers who mostly feel a lot of empathy and pity for Kanae is crazy
I imagine most of the english speaking audience were decently on Kanae's side as well until she started going back to doing prostitution for validation and attention even after having Hiroshi.

Fed-Kun's army
I imagine most of the english speaking audience were decently on Kanae's side as well until she started going back to doing prostitution for validation and attention even after having Hiroshi.
I think that’s valid criticism, she’s been shown to be extremely mentally unwell and definitely shouldn’t be getting into a relationship when she is so unwell because it won’t fix her or her problems. But I’m not sure if calling her “used pussy” or “ran through” like these comments are is that kind of criticism lol.

Dex-chan lover
I think that’s valid criticism, she’s been shown to be extremely mentally unwell and definitely shouldn’t be getting into a relationship when she is so unwell because it won’t fix her or her problems.
But I’m not sure if calling her “used pussy” or “ran through” like these comments are is that kind of criticism lol.
When you put it that way, it sounds like the American preoccupation with sex at play.

The hate for Kanae for doing prostitution is completely overblown. Her and Hiroshi aren't dating so she isn't cheating. People should be hating Kanae for getting Ichika gangraped and pressuring Narumi into raping her, not because she's a prostitute. It's weird seeing the comments during that chapter praise her, while the comments for these chapters are trashing her.

Fed-Kun's army
The hate for Kanae for doing prostitution is completely overblown. Her and Hiroshi aren't dating so she isn't cheating. People should be hating Kanae for getting Ichika gangraped and pressuring Narumi into raping her, not because she's a prostitute. It's weird seeing the comments during that chapter praise her, while the comments for these chapters are trashing her.
These are my exact thoughts. Kanae is an extremely interesting and broken character. She most likely has BPD and while it doesn’t justify her actions or thoughts, it helps you understand her more.

God forbid a sex worker (a CHILD sex worker mind you) be seen as anything other than an object for sexual gratification that doesn’t have a right to think, speak, feel, or live outside of being a hole!

Dex-chan lover
Reactions were mixed for those chapters, seemingly tending towards a disapproval of Kanae's plot and its consequences.

Even those who approved often strongly compartmentalized the work as fictional, noting that the bread and butter of the mangaka responsible for this work is primarily ryona hentai. So, even where there's approval, the means of evaluating the events depicted doesn't consistently employ the straightforward empathy you're employing.

On top of all of this, those scanlations were posted in 2019. The discussions that took place for them are nearly wholly confined to 2019 and 2020, before the year long scanlation dropoff (followed by the release of a scanlation for chapter 31 and then another 8 month dropoff before you started scanlating good on you, by the way). In early 2021, the site compromise happened, and even when the site's basic functionalities were restored, commenting wasn't restored until-- I'm pretty sure-- early this year. All that to say, the viewership (if only on Mangadex) just isn't the same as it was back then.

Reactions were mixed for those chapters, seemingly tending towards a disapproval of Kanae's plot and its consequences.

Even those who approved often strongly compartmentalized the work as fictional, noting that the bread and butter of the mangaka responsible for this work is primarily ryona hentai. So, even where there's approval, the means of evaluating the events depicted doesn't consistently employ the straightforward empathy you're employing.

On top of all of this, those scanlations were posted in 2019. The discussions that took place for them are nearly wholly confined to 2019 and 2020, before the year long scanlation dropoff (followed by the release of a scanlation for chapter 31 and then another 8 month dropoff before you started scanlating good on you, by the way). In early 2021, the site compromise happened, and even when the site's basic functionalities were restored, commenting wasn't restored until-- I'm pretty sure-- early this year. All that to say, the viewership (if only on Mangadex) just isn't the same as it was back then.
Barely anyone was insulting Kanae like they are now, though, and she's been using prostitution as a coping mechanism since the first chapter. People are insulting her now because Hiroshi is involved now.

And a majority of people were definitely happy Kanae got Ichika gangraped. The disapproval was only after the next chapter, when Narumi actually raped Ichika. Just because it's fiction doesn't mean cheering for someone getting a high schooler getting gangraped while trashing her for prostitution isn't strange.

Even if the hiatus and compromise never happened, I feel like the reactions would be the same. A lot of people see a possibility of NTR happening with Kanae's prostitution (and ugly bastard considering her clients), and people hate NTR. Meanwhile seeing what happened to Ichika gave a lot of people a good feeling because of the revenge and karma aspect.

Dex-chan lover
I think that’s valid criticism, she’s been shown to be extremely mentally unwell and definitely shouldn’t be getting into a relationship when she is so unwell because it won’t fix her or her problems. But I’m not sure if calling her “used pussy” or “ran through” like these comments are is that kind of criticism lol.
I mean that's just pointing out facts, but you can still be on a characters side while pointing that out . Like back when Kanae got revenge on her bully by getting her raped, I bet most of the english audience were calling her badass and stuff.

Group Leader
Yikes, first thing to do is definitely therapy.

Last edited:
Cuz japanese mindset is quite... "different". I mean there must be a reason why japanese readers prefer NTR over vanilla.

Supporter
i feel bad for my boy hiroshi man, this girl treats him just the same as her regular customers.. and it's cringing to watch.
having sex with the guy you like should've made you as excited or nervous as him, or so i assume.
Broken people are broken. Even in a fluff-fest like Skip to Loafer, we saw the trainwreck ML turn as cold as ice once he finally started dating the girl he clearly loves.

Fed-Kun's army
Barely anyone was insulting Kanae like they are now, though, and she's been using prostitution as a coping mechanism since the first chapter. People are insulting her now because Hiroshi is involved now.

And a majority of people were definitely happy Kanae got Ichika gangraped. The disapproval was only after the next chapter, when Narumi actually raped Ichika. Just because it's fiction doesn't mean cheering for someone getting a high schooler getting gangraped while trashing her for prostitution isn't strange.

Even if the hiatus and compromise never happened, I feel like the reactions would be the same. A lot of people see a possibility of NTR happening with Kanae's prostitution (and ugly bastard considering her clients), and people hate NTR. Meanwhile seeing what happened to Ichika gave a lot of people a good feeling because of the revenge and karma aspect.
hate to say this but gangrape is always bad.

Dex-chan lover
She’s goddamn crazy. No emotion, completely broken. Look at how his emotions are and compare it to her. He is how your supposed to act.

fucken run dude.

Users who are viewing this thread