Kimi no Okaasan wo Boku ni Kudasai! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
I don't think someone who is working a dead end job just like him could possibly utter those words as an excuse to refuse dating.
That is, unless she's aiming to get remarried to someone who is rich and is going to pay for everything, which is just really unrealistic.
MC should just aim for another woman, this one is just too stupid.

Aggregator gang
........seriously though....her words were way too dark...just say no instead of that, why belittle someone who loves you and wants to raise your child as there own...My god she seems like some gold digger...She ain’t looking for husband but a wallet

Man down
I understand her situation but I m sure she gave him less pain if she stabbed him in legs with a knife

Dex-chan lover
@Rogal To be fair, it's the elephant in the room that had to be addressed. He started his confession by saying he wants to date to marry and for someone with a kid, the career prospects of their potential significant other is pretty important.

@Mewples marriage isnt a simple thing, you are committing your life with someone and if that someone can't help feed your family then its just dumb. love alone cant do shit.

Aggregator gang
@yamigosaya Yes it is not but she practically said he could never raise a family, get a job or good education....The dude is a student and hasn't taken his exams yet but she is already calling him a failure....It’s like ripping off a birds wings before it has chance to fly..
It’s too harsh and a quick judgement on her part and makes all after this so painfully ironic.
Pfft and about love doing shit well i can not agree with what you said, mutual support and encouragement can do wonders for people, facing a problem when you are not alone can ....it’s too circumstantial to even define with a single outcome, frankly if those two get together though it just seems so stupid, making the other suffer so much just because you can’t see and understand potential

Dex-chan lover
She's harsh, but she has a point. She needs to bring food to house and raise a child. Meanwhile, MC proposes out of nowhere.
Bruh, at least get a job and get close to her child first

Dex-chan lover
@Mewples I'm sure she doesn't actually hate him or anything... rather, being strict can make him face reality better... dude wants to confess marriage to a woman struggling to make ends meet... but he himself would be a burden and doesn't even realize that. He's not trying to date a student. And she isn't saying that he can never be better... but that right now, he isn't good.

He's just bringing up "I love you" and hoping for a relationship without actually thinking if he can actually be a positive in the relationship or a negative. It's irresponsible of him to do so.

She's not in a situation where she can wait for "future potential". Note what she said "I'm not a woman, but a mother" meaning the issue is that him being a burden during the moment would be a big problem. At minimum, he can't be trouble. And he doesn't even fit that minimum.

And she herself probably isn't against dating personally as much as she can't randomly date; so for her, it'd probably be quite painful to not be able to date like that.

Fed-Kun's army
I think she handled an awkward situation well. He says I love you this or that but had no actual considerations for her as a person. This boi can fuk right off pushing all his high octane virgun-kun on her like asking for another mommy.

Aggregator gang
@deathmailrock
Yeah but the prime problem with it is that it is closed of like she is not an actual option and it will never be possible...Yes he has not got a job yet but he is still a student so full time employment is a way off from now...

But that’s the part that pisses me off, each chapter after shows how much he can do for her and her son....Frankly if she gave him a shot and said say he needed to consider her son first and we will see from there type of thing then fine
Just her getting entangled, chapter from chapter, not trying to distance to make sure his attraction dies off and settles down but relying on him outta the blue, if those two get together frankly the whole story is a failure because why does she have the right to deserve him? How can she be allowed to be more then friends?

Idk I just idc, I just think the only option they could ever have is be friends or whatever

Dex-chan lover
@Mewples I think there is something wrong with the way you're thinking??? Like, she actually did nothing wrong. Sure, she didn't give him a chance, but she's not in a situation to give him a chance and frankly, him asking her out... well, it's kinda irresponsible. At least right now. If he asked her out when he wouldn't be a burden, that'd be one thing... but he's not fitting that bill right now....

Aggregator gang
@deathmailrock A woman like that just wouldn’t be that entitled, in Japan she would be considered a write off and once someone got to that state she is in, that’s just what the rest of her life would be like, him even having interest in her is frankly a miracle.
This isn’t a social norm but an anomaly.
Chances and opportunity in such a country you only get one moment, in prospective she was worse off then he is in situation and circumstances. Frankly her ditching her kid and going with him would of been more socially normal...Theirs a number of abandoned children and even home and houses.
I am just looking at this situation with realism; not fictitious hope and misunderstandings.
You don’t get how even though he said it such a way, him saying he didn’t mind she had a child and was willing to raise him.
You don’t get the extreme weight that carries, how much he is going beyond what’s normal when even a well off man would only pick her and not the kid.
I honestly saying what she said was right for her and her circumstances with her child, all I am saying is she has no right after that to be more then friends with him. Maybe not even friends cause hell what she said you wouldn’t even be fit for anyone to hear, it was that intensely crippling on an emotional level, it would be kinder to pass a razor blade to a homeless man and tell him to slit his throat because he is making the road dirty.
This way of thinking in only regarded when I consider the culture difference, if here it’s like “oh yeah she had a Karen moment but she worked past it”
But setting, place etc. it’s like Hell nah.

Dex-chan lover
@Mewples But here is the thing... she's thinking of her child first. She's not actually being a jerk. She's not giving him hope, and frankly, not giving him a chance also isn't a bad thing.

I mean, why does she have to give her a chance? She doesn't. And she doesn't owe him anything.

He's not a good catch, especially in her situation (she doesn't seem to dislike him as a person, but rather is just seeming to be worried that he'd make raising that kid harder). He's a freeter... not a very well looked upon position....

And you mention that abandoning their child isn't unusual... but it's also not unusual in Japan for single moms to get with guys as well, and it's not unusual for single mothers in Japan to care for their kids either. Plus, she's a widow, so it's less troublesome.

And frankly, the question she asked was a good one. Can he raise a child? Can he actually help her or not get in her way? He wasn't looking at reality and was chasing fantasy... but he didn't try to make himself marketable before trying to ask her out.

Group Leader
Interesting start, really liked reading this chapter
but damn, 155 comments on the first chapter? that's quite the number

Aggregator gang
@deathmailrock You seriously don’t get at all, just enjoy it or whatever, it’s good to believe in something better then truth, it’s why fiction is so praised

Users who are viewing this thread