Kimi no Risou no Maid ni Naru - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Let's see
-childhood friend
-main heroine
-step sister
-step mother
I'm guessing we're getting a female rival from another wealthy family and a transfer student next.

Group Leader
so he just bought her for $6,5m? Worst trade deal ever.
$6.5m? You're off by a digit, it's $64,000,000.
Yen is 0.0064 to the Dollar, meaning the easiest+closest result you'll get is by dividing by 20. 1,000,000,000/20 = $50,000,000.

It's even WORSE than you thought.

Ignore this, I'm big dumb

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
$6.5m? You're off by a digit, it's $64,000,000.
Yen is 0.0064 to the Dollar, meaning the easiest+closest result you'll get is by dividing by 20. 1,000,000,000/20 = $50,000,000.

It's even WORSE than you thought.
Uhhh, no mate. That's just bad math... and I can tell you that as someone who is terrible at math. Ironically you're trying to make a very simple problem overly complicated when in reality you're dealing with a flat multiplier which means you can just push the values up by the number of 0s in the multiplicative value. In this case, 9 0s in 1,000,000,000
0.0064 - 0
0.064 - 1
0.64 - 2
6.4 - 3
64 - 4
640 - 5
6,400 - 6
64,000 - 7
640,000 - 8
6,400,000 - 9

Or you could just, you know, plug it into any calculator lol, which is how I imagine most people in this thread initially got that value (Myself included, just googled "1 billion JPY to USD").
0.0064 x 1,000,000,000 = 6,400,000

As for the manga itself, its probably gonna suck and get dropped. Art is good but EVERYTHING in this chapter save exclusively the main character being absolutely stacked is extraordinarily generic. Though ironically, I find myself intrigued just because of that one element. I find myself curious how the author intends to make us care about an MC who is billionaire levels of rich... I mean, he's already kind of broken the suspension of disbelief here. Not only is the MC not an insufferable twat despite having grown up unfathomably rich and privileged, but we're supposed to believe a kid who can throw money around like that has trouble making friends? Sure, they may be superficial, but he's a student still for fuck's sake.

Either way, I'm willing to be surprised. I doubt I will be, but hey.

Group Leader
Uhhh, no mate. That's just bad math... and I can tell you that as someone who is terrible at math. Ironically you're trying to make a very simple problem overly complicated when in reality you're dealing with a flat multiplier which means you can just push the values up by the number of 0s in the multiplicative value. In this case, 9 0s in 1,000,000,000
0.0064 - 0
0.064 - 1
0.64 - 2
6.4 - 3
64 - 4
640 - 5
6,400 - 6
64,000 - 7
640,000 - 8
6,400,000 - 9

Or you could just, you know, plug it into any calculator lol, which is how I imagine most people in this thread initially got that value (Myself included, just googled "1 billion JPY to USD").
0.0064 x 1,000,000,000 = 6,400,000

As for the manga itself, its probably gonna suck and get dropped. Art is good but EVERYTHING in this chapter save exclusively the main character being absolutely stacked is extraordinarily generic. Though ironically, I find myself intrigued just because of that one element. I find myself curious how the author intends to make us care about an MC who is billionaire levels of rich... I mean, he's already kind of broken the suspension of disbelief here. Not only is the MC not an insufferable twat despite having grown up unfathomably rich and privileged, but we're supposed to believe a kid who can throw money around like that has trouble making friends? Sure, they may be superficial, but he's a student still for fuck's sake.

Either way, I'm willing to be surprised. I doubt I will be, but hey.
Whoops, lol

Dex-chan lover
Of course the "lonely student with no friends" has an absolutely stunning childhood friend who is into him. I know they need to draw in the actual lonely students with no friends somehow, but it's just disingenuous at this point

Dex-chan lover
bruh.... "I make my own money" has 10 million dollars he can just slap on someone despite being in highschool, lol ok sure bro I totally believe that

Dex-chan lover
I mean, an "or anything else" is an "or anything else," I guess. I'll give it three chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if that 1 billion is his personal asset or shareholder's/company's money.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly...... I really hope the author won't drag out the romance.

We don't need sex scenes... but let her and him just be done...

And maybe his childhood friend will be banged too...

Like, if the author doesn't drag out the romance and sh*t, then this could actually be decent...

Dex-chan lover
There are two maids on the cover, and the other one seems to be his childhood friend, who is supposed to hate him right now.
So let me take a quick guess - she doesn't hate him, she'll get immediately jealous the moment she hears about the living situation of those two, and will demand to be employed as a maid too to "keep things wholesome" or some shit like that, giving the author a way to delay and ruin romantic scenes.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that spending this money on her means nothing to him truly makes the whole situation... so unengaging. Same energy as Narou-kei "I casually used my cheat skills and modern day tech knowledge to save the kingdom, after casually saving the princess from assassins and agreeing to be her bodyguard for a little while, because I have nothing better to do after being kicked out from the hero party because I didn't correct their assumption that I was weak because I'm level one although my stats are secretly around 9 billion each".

Other people are also pointing out that the romance is probably also going nowhere. Just what I love, the low effort power fantasies of Reiwa combined with the endless romantic misunderstandings and cowardice of Heisei.

Users who are viewing this thread