Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Yearning for Tomorrow

Dex-chan lover
I'm still holding out for a happy ending, but I've got a feeling this series is just gonna rip my heart out.
I mean, with a title like "The Summer You Were There", there was never much chance of a happy ending.

There's always a tiny chance that she like... gets moved to a specialized hospital far away and then gets better and they meet again 15 years from now. I just don't think it fits the story well.

Dex-chan lover
You know that feeling where you know something bad is about to happend to the point you expected it to come sooner Or later, yet when it comes it still hurts you ? Well, this is the same feeling

Dex-chan lover
I'm still holding out for a happy ending, but I've got a feeling this series is just gonna rip my heart out.
I posted this before but the author made it pretty clear last time.

Summer-When-You-Were-There.png

Dex-chan lover
i was so scared everytime clicked each page, it was turned out the last page is the scariest one

pls don’t miss the last memento :fml:

Dex-chan lover
Sooo guys, what are the odds that this operation Will like magic make her healthy again?

Dex-chan lover
Guys, I'm not ready... I don't think I'm strong enough. So next update, I'll read the comments firsts and make preparations depending on what you will say...

Dex-chan lover
Editing this while being sick and cough a lot (yes, I got COVID, in 2023)
Feel better!

Also, the more the author "hypes up" her death, the more convinced I get that she's not gonna die.

To put it simply: her dying now would be too predictable/boring AND something a lot of people don't want, so it'd be doubly bad. It makes no sense to go with that from a writer's perspective.

Meanwhile, the more the death is hyped up, the more "surprising/happy" an ending where she lives becomes and obviously a lot of people would like (or at least not object to) that, so it's a double win.

So, yeah, I'm calling the author's bluff.

Users who are viewing this thread