Kimi tte Watashi no Koto Suki Nandesho?

I haven't read the light novel yet, but this review from MAL makes it sound interesting to me.

"The weight of compliments."

"I want you to dye everything in my heart with your own color." - Shiramori

If the synopsis didn't grab you, please read this.
This brings spoilers for a theme it deals with in the main plot.

This novel at first glance looks like just a romantic comedy, it's not really, it's a romance that deals with the theme of, one person can change everything, the weight of false compliments and so on.
Kuroya is an asocial boy and he tried to enter the world of novel writing, he had a corrupt editor who did not check his work and only praised him to keep him working, in the end, his first novel sold almost nothing, his editor disappeared from his sight, a novel written by a beginner should receive several corrections, but he did not receive one ever, he was only praised again and again to keep him writing, then, his work in the end was useless, his work was not worth it, he received comments of praise from other people, but he didn't believe them anymore, the false compliments he got didn't help him grow, it made him close himself in a bubble, he didn't want to believe in the compliments of others, until he met a person, he met her, having a person in front of you, who likes your work, and even if you tell him that those compliments are false and that person keeps insisting that he found your work interesting, that he liked your work, no matter if the author himself thinks it is a mediocre work, it doesn't matter, why?
Because you are the reader, and no matter how much the author thinks it is a "masterpiece" if you find it boring, it will simply be a mediocre work for you, and also the other way around, no matter when the author says his work is a failure, if the reader finds it interesting, there is nothing to do.
Listening again and again to the same person deny your thoughts, that your work is boring, helped him too much, he found that person who helped him to take a step forward, to believe more in himself, she was the light that made the darkness disappear in his life.

In addition to this, it is a nice romance, the couple as the synopsis says are together from the beginning, this gives way to many beautiful romantic moments that in other stories happen much later, it is a story of romance in which they learn to live.
It's a very nice and funny romance, it focuses at the beginning on the two of them, that makes it very enjoyable.

Why axed novel get an adaptation? I don’t really want to get some hope but unless they continue the story this manga seems to have no hope. I like the story though…

This is cute but I'm getting a bit tired of the whole "super pretty/popular girl starts dating the social outcast and never once actually acknowledges the fact that other people will judge the outcast for it" trope. She has a fucking nickname for being "one of the four prettiest girls in school" there's no way she wouldn't know that other people are making the dude feel like shit because "wait SHE'S dating THAT???". Either all of these girl characters are complete idiots or they just don't care that people are actively trash talking the MC until it's relevant to the plot. Its just hard to believe that the character actually cares about them when they just don't do anything unless its absolutely needed

This is cute but I'm getting a bit tired of the whole "super pretty/popular girl starts dating the social outcast and never once actually acknowledges the fact that other people will judge the outcast for it" trope. She has a fucking nickname for being "one of the four prettiest girls in school" there's no way she wouldn't know that other people are making the dude feel like shit because "wait SHE'S dating THAT???". Either all of these girl characters are complete idiots or they just don't care that people are actively trash talking the MC until it's relevant to the plot. Its just hard to believe that the character actually cares about them when they just don't do anything unless its absolutely needed
That trope is braindead, that's true. But in this case he doesn't give a shit. Like fr this dude is a fuqing chad. And he's not just some rando looser too. The dude is unfathomably based and a really nice guy. He even looks pretty good. Plus, he's cute and not horny. His only drawback is being an introvert, but that's also a good thing for her, since he will have less stuff to do and she can be more possessive without making his life harder. Idk about other people but I feel like he's absolutely husbando material for many women.

Contributor
Don't start reading this. It's not good enough to spend time on it.

Here my controversial comment and opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread