Kimi wa Meido-sama - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.5 - The Ever Curious You

Dex-chan lover
Teamwork is the most OP strat in the current meta. There are types of helping beyond being a helicopter parent, and the notion that helping people makes them weak is demonstrably wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Could be a baby Tibetan Mastiff. Those things can get pretty massive and they are near peak floof levels.

Contributor
Sorry, but the previous master of this dog need some slap.

Don't take a animal only to abandon it after.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously though what kind of asshole buys a dog and then abandons it in front of someone else’s house like that with a note and not even checking if they’ll keep the dog. Why not - and this is crazy - TAKE IT BACK TO THE PET STORE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM and then let someone better suited buy and take care of it. Or at least try to sell it online, make a post, and ensure the person you give the dog too actually wants to keep it and doesn’t just leave it in the box.

Also real talk, the maid/assassin is actually correct. We’ve basically royally screwed over dogs and cats by domesticating them. We’ve turned independent living beings into pets. Then we took it a step further and turned them into entertainment. Pure breeds literally have to be inbred which creates a whole mess of genetic problems. And we just continue to do this and make it a lot worse (stuff like feeding strays). The best thing we could do for them is let them live on their and fend for themselves. Generally speaking if we think adult humans need to live independently and no be dependent on their parents than we should probably think the same for entire other species. The entire idea surrounding pets is really just disgusting. Its condescending, a double standard, hypocritical, immoral, and factually bad for the species in question.

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261 point taken, and some i already knew of(and completely agree).
but here's the thing.
when you say 'The best thing we could do for them is let them live on their and fend for themselves.', it's not really the best thing.
if they live on their own in the city, said dog/cat will become strays, which won't be good for the public hygiene and ecosystem. (some birds has already went extinct because of stray cats hunting them)
throw them into the wild, and they'll probably get killed by the wildlife, regardless of the age when you throw them (pup or adult).

the fact is, it's too late to abolish the concept of a pet. best thing we can do in my opinion is :
-abolish the kennel club.(the organization who won't abolish the 'purebred' even tho they know full well it's bad for dogs/cats. they said it's for the animals, but we know it's for the moolah)
-start to cross-breed the 'purebred' to make a healthier next generation of cats and dogs.
-neuter/spay your pet.
-start adopting and make pet shop to only deal with pet accesories/supplies and not the pet itself.
-make laws to deal with irresponsible pet owners.
-make the process of having a pet harder, as in checking 1st if said owner candidate have enough living space/income to support having a pet.

if we live in utopia and everyone does this, theoretically in 10-20 years, there'll be no more strays(or very litte there of), and people who don't deserve a pet won't have them anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@Mogima Yeah, I know. That’s really what I think the saddest thing about domesticated animals in general are. We have completely and utterly screwed them over by making them dependent on us, and the worst thing is we can’t even go back or fix it. Like you’ve said its too deeply routed now. It happened centuries ago and has been happening since and now we have animals that can’t properly live in the wild (generally speaking). Everything you said is definitely what we should be doing to at the very least improve the situation (considering we caused it), but I sadly don’t think anyone (well enough anyone’s) care nearly enough to get any of these implemented. I feel like getting rid of purebreds alone would cause outcry. Its just spiraled out of control and is likely only going to get worse (or stay the same which is still pretty very terrible). Its like climate change honestly. Humanity had such a vast increase in quality of life, production, and economic development that we aren’t going to move past using these harmful resources and production methods. Its physically gotten to the point of no return a while ago with the questions no longer being “will climate change happen” and becoming “how bad will it be?”. All we can do (and which most companies are focusing on) is continue to increase our technology and get to a point where it isn’t as harmful to the earth. And this isn’t to start an argument or anything, but to say that humanity has made a lot of decisions with terrible consequences we can’t turn our backs on anymore and for all of them we can only try to continue to improve and lessen the consequences, but the problem is how many people even care about the consequences? It kills me that we caused all this and still “put down” dogs that are unwanted. I’m just thinking realistically and wondering how many people care enough to change somethings to make the situation better. I feel like a lot would rather keep kennel club for money and purebreds for the dog show, than admit we’ve done something wrong. Ngl, I honestly hate humanity most of the time because we’ve done and then don’t care to improve shit like this

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261 it's already impossible.
no one can change. the whole game is rigged. the system favoured the 1% too much.
let's say you wanna change the system, the 1% won't let you and will crush you before you can grow.
let's say someone from the 1% community wanna do good, the rest of the 1% community can work together to prevent that.

not to mention that 99% of humans will get corrupt once they reach a certain amount of wealth.

Dex-chan lover
there is a very specific circle of hell for people who abandon animals

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure Shue can train the puppy into a good fighting dog.

Dex-chan lover
Why's the dog so thicc tho?

Also if you're wondering, the instinct where us humans, or even animals too actually (we're not alone, risk our lives to help others for no reason, actually makes sense if you look from the gene-centered view. If you wanna know more details, I suggust you look up "The Selfish Gene by Sam Harris"

Dex-chan lover
I too dont understand if this will go a romance route or not.

I kne Maid-sans backstory was gonna be fucked and indeed that snippet into her mind seems like we're all aboard a feels train and just waiting for the inevitable crash.

Dex-chan lover
Maid, you awoke the power of Ultr-Ara instinct back then. There's no going back.

Users who are viewing this thread