Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - The Exorcist

Me

Dex-chan lover
I think what I love most about this entire series is how relatable it is. Apparently movie nerds are the same in all cultures.

Also, mom's "why does she have all these DVDs andeno DVD player? Is she stupid?" made me a little nostalgic. I look at that PC and just KNOW it has a DVD-ROM. Our heroine(?) wouldn't have bought a PC that can't play movies when given the option of one that CAN.

Double-page supporter
I love this series so much, my eyes lit up when I saw this got a new chapter translated. What a fucking gem.

I love how it tells Machiko's life through movies, beautiful and hilarious

Me (5 years ago) - I'm sure I'll grow out of anime and manga once I'm an adult or in college

Me (now) - Oh God! It's even worse!

Double-page supporter
It's a great chapter, but it did depress me more than a little.

Dex-chan lover
So am I the only one who thought that Kine's mom looks a lot like Satou? Looks like Freud was right.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this was a shot to otaku in general. I feel a bit hurt, but my sides also hurt from laughing.

Contributor
I wasn't ready for page 6.
And then everything else happened.

Dex-chan lover
HAHAHAHA
great backstory chapter on the family on how parents can tend to put their hopes and aspirations on their children like they were their 2nd life,
to fix all the mistakes they made when they were young.
Highly relatable, especially since I also come from an Asian household where my parents really want me to live a certain lifestyle similar to how they've lived theirs.

@savagebj Otaku Murderer is the reason why Otaku are look down upon (especially during the time period which the manga is taking place)

Dex-chan lover
Can relate, used to have one or two shelves with books, now I have a wall's worth of shelves for books stacked up vertically to take up less space...

Users who are viewing this thread