Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - 〇〇 Crisis Comedy

Holy fuck I don't even like Yuri but I need these two to officially date each other. "Friends" yeah right.

Dex-chan lover
Woahhhhh didn't expect this drama from Kine but this was good.
I've reached my quarter-life where I'm trying to figure out what I really want to do in life,
and I'm worried what my own midlife crisis will be like now.
Hopefully it's not something I need to spend tons of money on but more of a hobby.

Contributor
Finally, I get to learn what the censored title actually stands for. Thanks for the update!

I just love the chapters when the author shows kine humane side.

Well seeing someone else like that might be funny ^^ but it become painful the moment it was someone close to you xD

Dex-chan lover
oh no i've been having a midlife crisis for past 10 years

rip

Fed-Kun's army
But if you continue like this, you're going to end up like the guy from American Beauty

You mean getting shot in the head by
the closeted, abusive father of your daughter's boyriend
? Or having your career ruined when decades of allegations of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and grooming of underage boys finally receive widespread attention?

Damn it, Spacey. I loved that movie, and now I can never watch it without thinking about that stuff. I had even gone to a free advance screening of American Beauty that featured a Q&A with the producers and the three younger cast members. Not that I asked a question, because I was still recovering from bawling at the end of the film. That final monologue? Breathaking. Spoilers for those that have never seen it:

I'd always heard your entire life flashes before your eyes the second before you die.

First of all, that one second isn't a second at all. It stretches on forever, like an ocean of time.

For me, it was lying on my back, at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars. And yellow leaves, from the maple trees that lined our street. Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper. And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird. And Janie... And Janie... And Carolyn.

I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst.

And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold onto it. And then it flows through me like rain.

And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.

You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry. You will, someday.

Double-page supporter
Ah yes, the most subversive genre, if you can call it that, in all Hollywood. Good work slapping some sense into her, Kine.

Dex-chan lover
"Here we see a couple of roommates."
Nah fuck that we going full throttle.

Perhaps the friends we make here are the midlife crisis we've been going through all along

Contributor
Director's Cut page
In case anyone read that and thought of vtubers, remember that most of them only have vtubing as a side-gig, because unless you get REALLY popular or really lucky and get into a company, it's only a hobby at best. Even on the two more renowned Japan vtuber companies, some of their vtubers are only there as a side-job.

Users who are viewing this thread