Kingdom - Vol. 70 Ch. 760 - The Constant

Double-page supporter
Shin gives him a long ass explanation of what he thinks and believes and his answer "no actually you believe this thing i said earlier" man fuck you, i hate people like him, you can't argue with them they just keep repeating their own opinion and their chosen opinion for you.
Worst part is that he said it without explaining anything, it was just "that sounds optimistic, you must believe that people are good" and the student lady accepted that. Later, Shin makes his "you're the one that believes that people are good" argument with good reasons to back it up, and NOW student lady goes "he didn't say that! You can't prove anything!". These are the experts that Qin needs? Shin can do their jobs easily.

Dex-chan lover
I was worried how this chapter was going to go, but props to the author and the translating team for making Shin sound absolutely based. Great chapter!

Double-page supporter
Hara writing this chapter:
Young_Thug_-_Hot_ft._Gunna___Travis_Scott__Official_Music_Video__0-29_screenshot.png

Dex-chan lover
Worst part is that he said it without explaining anything, it was just "that sounds optimistic, you must believe that people are good" and the student lady accepted that. Later, Shin makes his "you're the one that believes that people are good" argument with good reasons to back it up, and NOW student lady goes "he didn't say that! You can't prove anything!". These are the experts that Qin needs? Shin can do their jobs easily.
Up until that moment when Kan Pi said that Shin was too positive because everything Shin had said was that sure, a bunch of people do many bad things, but most of the time there will be someone that thinks of them as good because of one reason or another, implying that we all have the best of intentions (we are good) even though we sometimes do evil things. And then Shin continued to talk about how everyone inherits the will to live and the strength of our friends and even our enemies, implying that even in war we become better and stronger.

Shin was absolutely implying that people are good and naturally improve even in conflict. That argument can be directly related to the idea that we are born good. Kan Pi's conclusion was explained right there and there, I'm just saying the same thing he said but with more words.

And the reason why everyone, included that lady, were so shocked by Shin's statement that Kan Pi actually believed in the good of people, was because up to that point and way before this particular debate with Shin began, Kan Pi had advocated and preached that humans are born evil. It's like saying that a proven racist person in truth loves other races, or that a person that has always shown support for trans is actually sexist and homophobic.

And all this explanation is based on just what the past 4 to 5 chapters have shown, I'm not even referencing the historical context of who was Kan Pi.

epic speech, but i have to agree with the inherently evil theory though.
not all, but most people will easily get corrupted by power.
absolute power corrupts absolutely.
If people need to be corrupted, then they weren't evil at first. Historically accurate Kanpishi believed people were born neither good nor evil, it was their environment that shaped their morals and actions (and I tend to agree)

Double-page supporter
Up until that moment when Kan Pi said that Shin was too positive because everything Shin had said was that sure, a bunch of people do many bad things, but most of the time there will be someone that thinks of them as good because of one reason or another, implying that we all have the best of intentions (we are good) even though we sometimes do evil things. And then Shin continued to talk about how everyone inherits the will to live and the strength of our friends and even our enemies, implying that even in war we become better and stronger.

Shin was absolutely implying that people are good and naturally improve even in conflict. That argument can be directly related to the idea that we are born good. Kan Pi's conclusion was explained right there and there, I'm just saying the same thing he said but with more words.

And the reason why everyone, included that lady, were so shocked by Shin's statement that Kan Pi actually believed in the good of people, was because up to that point and way before this particular debate with Shin began, Kan Pi had advocated and preached that humans are born evil. It's like saying that a proven racist person in truth loves other races, or that a person that has always shown support for trans is actually sexist and homophobic.

And all this explanation is based on just what the past 4 to 5 chapters have shown, I'm not even referencing the historical context of who was Kan Pi.
The guy asked what was the true nature of humans and Shin answered fire, and that humans inherit that fire from people around them. That doesn't have morality attached to it, it just means that people leave their marks on other people, for better or for worse.

Simply put, guy asked a question and expected one of two answers, when he got a third answer that he didn't expect, he just grouped it with the one that he wanted and proclaimed victory.

Dex-chan lover
Some of us will be beacons for humanity, others a raging dumpster fire. Both shine bright, but one is important and the other... not quite.
:nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
The guy asked what was the true nature of humans and Shin answered fire, and that humans inherit that fire from people around them. That doesn't have morality attached to it, it just means that people leave their marks on other people, for better or for worse.

Simply put, guy asked a question and expected one of two answers, when he got a third answer that he didn't expect, he just grouped it with the one that he wanted and proclaimed victory.
that is what debating is, Kan Pi said it himself, Shin doesn't have the skills to be a good debater because Shin "won" without realizing it. Kan Pi used the way Shin worded himself against him, there is nothing wrong or shrewd about that. His mistake was to assume that Shin was still playing his game, when in reality Shin was just being the dumbass we love: sincere and honest. This is why Shin's come back is so good, Shin was never trying to argue against Kan Pi, as soon as Shin agreed win him (about the need of laws) the debate was over, there were no longer sides to it. And finishing by pretty much saying that Kan Pi was playing the devil's advocate all along completely ended the whole thing.

And the best thing is that Shin didn't even realized he was doing that. I'm sure Shin doesn't even know what he achieved here.

Dex-chan lover
If people need to be corrupted, then they weren't evil at first. Historically accurate Kanpishi believed people were born neither good nor evil, it was their environment that shaped their morals and actions (and I tend to agree)
nah. most of us is corrupted already.
a small percentage is kind, but it's a really small percentage.

a kind man can become an asshole when he become rich.
conversely, when a rich man go bankrupt, he will either learn to be humble, or die(or at the very least, miserable).

again, there is a small percentage where people will stay true to themselves. but from my life experiences, they're in minority.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if I can agree, especially since in many ways the entire Mangadex rely on kindness by volunteers.
because most of us is just an average joe.
if all of us got power, most probably we will be power drunk.
heck, maybe after you become rich, reading manga won't be on the top of your 'hoe to relax' list?

one of the top chapters of kingdom so far to me. this was a great debate and for the person to talk philosophy to be shin, it just shows how much he has grown and learned from both comrades and enemies to become and believe what he is now

Users who are viewing this thread