Kinjo no Nanako-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Nanako-san and healing time

Aggregator gang
@SuperOniichan Yep honestly the mc is just a big child that constantly needs to be taken care of. It's good fluff but if this legit went the yuri route I just wouldn't understand how the relationship would work considering one offers the other nothing and needs constant care.

Btw that swingers manga is it hime koukan?

Dex-chan lover
@3ds1234 Yep, it always amuses me to compare how people react to this manga and yuri with a similar "plot level" in comparison. Hell, a lot of people even have a grade above 8, lol.

Well, essentially this is the guardian-child relationship. Even when MC jokes about wanting to marry Nanako, she still mentions "caring" and not any lewd stuff. It would be foolish to deny that their relationship gives "some" yuri vibes, but I don't think the author is cynical enough to idealize the theoretical situation where an MC breaks up someone else's family in order to get an innocent girl as a personal servant. However, if this happens, I have no doubt that the yuri crowd will fully justify it.

Double-page supporter
@SuperOniichan

but didnt we see one panel of when the mc first moved?? if i remember she was a thug or something similar

I'm wondering what happened to make them this close, and what changed the mc

Dex-chan lover
@gamma2015 Thug? Lol, she's a mangaka who writes ecchi manga. Again, Nanako is quite friendly and simple-minded, I don't see much of a problem here. If you look at Japanese culture, it pretty much idealizes the extreme innocence and childishness of married women.

Double-page supporter
@SuperOniichan
i remember we saw a one panel flashback before, and she was totally different, i dont know how many chapters ago it was
i think its maybe before she started drawing and after she moved to this apartment timeline wise
maybe they'll touch on it later on

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
If you're reading what I think you're reading. Yes, people hate it. In my personal opinion, its because it's ultimately not the will of protagonist and rather the manipulations of the antagonist "heroine". So it falls into Netorare- again, personal opinion.

If you aren't reading what I thought you were- whoopsie! Talking about nothing!

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion Hah, my experience with some ecchi yuri manga shows that people will be willing to justify even the most toxic characters who literally rape or force the MC to have sex if it's yuri. And titles like this will never get even the part of dislike straight shoujo gets for bastard boyfriends or dubious "bold" male love interests like Utsui. But then again, as you might have figured out, I read a lot of incest titles and I'm not really the person who can whine about idealization of problematic relationships. What really annoys me is the double standards.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
I think, I regards to this particular manga, the yuri fetish is muddled with projection. Again with personal opinions, but this manga is more about being cared for rather than romance. The backgrounds of both characters is merely shoehorned fluff that just gives a little more "character" to the characters.

But know, I have picked up what you have put down and agree that sometimes people look for their desires where there is none. A good example I found recently is a comment in Protagonist x Rival where they mused on the side-character "hero" taking both heroines, and I quote, "like a chad." Will that happen? No, never. Will they continue to believe it will? Yeah, probably.
The same thing can be said about this story. It doesn't even have a Romance tag, let alone Shojou Ai or Yuri.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion Well, I usually follow the principle "everyone is looking for fun and having fun as they want." But since I am a psychologist in real life, I have a professional deformation and I very easily turn into a moralfag at the slightest trigger. As you can imagine, such hypocrisy is even more "good" reason than necessary. This manga is a case where I better not think about it again, lol. I dumped a few bags of salt over how this manga idealizes toxic behavior (as I said before, if rival were male or MC was originally lesbian, it would have a much, much more negative reaction), but that was my maximum.

Well, for me personally, it doesn't look like romance either. Of course, some scenes or lines at least hint that the MC is looking forward to lewd content from Nanako, but at the moment it looks more like an expectation of "pervert fetishes" than a genuine sexual interest in her. The only thing that bothers me is how the innocent Nanako becomes a "victim" of some not entirely innocent abuse by lead, but as long as that doesn't go beyond sitcom boundaries, I have no complaints. But then again, who knows how this will develop in the future?

hmmmm i have been following this manga in niconico manga and they still wouldn`t show the husband but now that i read the translation of this does this mean her husband don`t really come home ? feels like its the way author is saying it or maybe dead jk well idk when will author let it show or maybe when its near its end author gonna show it i guess

Dex-chan lover
It’s been 2 years some the chapter was translated, when will we hear the next chapter translated? I believe the series ended a back.

Dex-chan lover
Spoiler- don’t expect a full yuri at the end or any explicit or direct fan service of Nanako San.
It’s weird seeing sub-text in a manga.
I think this is only a big yuri tease/bait.
It could explain why the translator gave up on this series at volume 2.
There is no pay off at the end..

Users who are viewing this thread