Kinsou no Vermeil ~Gakeppuchi Majutshi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - The Past

Dex-chan lover
Dude the town deserved to be burned after what they did them & poor Vermeil. Never thought I would see this pop up on my follows list since Manga Up business model is awful & breaking the chapters into parts makes it even worse to nickel & dime people. Thanks for the translations & thanks for being awesome.
Thats just how it get published in japan too, in the magazine Gekkan Shounen Gangan get published monthly in splits, so in the end both manga up (global and jp) and gangan website put them in splits too, but they censor them too unlike magazine, so overall it suck if you want to use the mobile apps which are more accessible, in the end all come up to wait for volumes (which global probably never gonna get)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The villagers deserved everything Vermeil could possibly do against them. You don't start a witch hunt against a good natured child for reasons you don't even understand yourself. Let's assume for a second that the villagers were capable of killing Vermeil. Did they really think that the pandemic would just disappear and all their worries with it? No it wouldn't, Vermeil had nothing to do with it after all. This just shows that a witch hunt is stupid.

As far as I'm aware, you can't actually read this manga in the Manga Up app anymore in North America (it doesn't show for me).

I recall they had a news post, I think it was late October, saying they were pulling some manga (but not what manga, this was one of them apparently).

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Thats just how it get published in japan too, in the magazine Gekkan Shounen Gangan get published monthly in splits, so in the end both manga up (global and jp) put them in splits too, but they censor them too unlike magazine, so overall it suck if you want to use the mobile apps which are more accessible
Oh so that is why they do it. It kinda sucks that it is formatted that way & thanks for reminding me about the censorship which I forgot about. I remember Manga Up censorship was absolutely ludicrous that a guy's knee had black bar although I recall them someone saying they are better at it but they still have censorship. Thanks for the clarification.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for this chapter! Amazing job, besides one small nitpick I have about the bubble on page 61, panel 3. "It will 200 years from now until she ends up being sealed away" "being persecuted by humans throughout that time as history's greatest calamity"

That's written a bit funkily and I still don't quite get how it should be read. Would something like "For the next 200 years, until she winds up being sealed away..." "...she'll be persecuted by humans as "History's Greatest Calamity."" be a bit closer to how it should read?

Everything else was really good! \o/

Dex-chan lover
Great to see someone working on this series again.

Am I the only one who read this chapter at some point in the past in english? Was there removed chapters?

Dex-chan lover
Hi guys, I'm the guy who did the typesetting and also uploaded this chapter to mangadex.
I'm very happy to see that you guys are happy to see a new chapter after so long. I can't promise a consistent schedule as me and my translator are both very busy men but we promise to give you the best TLs possible.
Quality of translation seems top-shelf to me, and as others have said a good translation is worth waiting for. Thanks for picking this one up.

Dex-chan lover
Definitely higher quality that the version I remember reading of this chapter. Hope it continues Even though it got the Anime treatment it felt a little under-rated.

Glad to see this picked back up on Mangadex, felt like the series went absolutely silent a month after moving over the the "official app". Been dying to know what happens so who cares if releases are slow, I'm just glad that they are happening

I always say this, legal translation is good in terms of providing money to the original creators but fan work is always superior when it comes to supporting a series

Dex-chan lover
First off thanks for the translation!
What an emotional chapter. It's been so long but worth.

Dex-chan lover
As far as I'm aware, you can't actually read this manga in the Manga Up app anymore in North America (it doesn't show for me).

I recall they had a news post, I think it was late October, saying they were pulling some manga (but not what manga, this was one of them apparently).

Thanks for the chapter.
I don't understand why they had to do that. I really wonder who was the one that called the shots on that decision. I dont want to think that the higher ups in Japan decided to do this, this clearly was a decision made by the Western Branch because they seem to really hate anything with ecchi these days.

Dex-chan lover
Thats just how it get published in japan too, in the magazine Gekkan Shounen Gangan get published monthly in splits, so in the end both manga up (global and jp) and gangan website put them in splits too, but they censor them too unlike magazine, so overall it suck if you want to use the mobile apps which are more accessible, in the end all come up to wait for volumes (which global probably never gonna get)
More or less, in the magazine they do split chapters in 2 to 3 parts, but the manga app that shall not be named was splitting in more parts than the magazine, maybe some chapters had the same number of parts, but some definitely had more parts in the app, there are chapters in the app in 6 parts!

Dex-chan lover
Yall did very well, it’s of excellent quality. Don’t sell yall selves short on that front. Now to the contents of this 70+ page chapter. THE TOWN GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO IT, THEM SONS OF CUNTS. Even tho Vermeil doesn’t need it, we must protect her!

Users who are viewing this thread