Kinsou no Vermeil ~Gakeppuchi Majutshi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 17 - Overlapping

Double-page supporter
Someone knows why can't I find this manga in MangaUp app but it's available on they site?

Dex-chan lover
I heard that it's available on apple devices but not android, can't confirm tho because I just know it disappeared from my android app
Congratulations you figured out why I'm doing this.
evangelion-clapping.gif

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation.

Yeah I honestly tried to support this series on Square Enix's app, but they've somehow created a worst system than Comixology under Amazon (which is a serious accomplishment).

Dex-chan lover
Critique, you say? Well, there are a few spacing/kerning/font size issues here and there along with a few typos (like "causality" vs "casualty", which could also more accurately be "fatality" in the context, depending on the og wording), but but font choices and clarity et al seem to be pretty great IMHO. Mainly nitpicks, though. The scanlation and cleaning also absolutely bang and are better than what I could analyze. Also, Fatema should possibly be Fatima, but I don't know the og material and could be wrong. Could also be one of those Japanisms with their absolute inability to consistently/correctly name historical, mythological or religious names or characters.

But yeah, good shit.

I am so damn happy to have scanlations back here. I tried using the official app but it was dogwash to use with UI that makes ZXspectrums look modern. (Okay, I am exaggerating here.)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all your hard work, /a/nonymous & @Icedragon23472!

The quality of these last two chapters has been exceptional. The scans look good as hell and the translation is crystal clear. You even managed to make the obligatory "it can't be helped" flow naturally in English, a minor miracle on its own. And no matter what anyone finds to complain about, it's great to finally see more of this A+ series :love:

Likewise to see young Alto declare his affections appropriately - and proactively! - so early in the story's development. Of course, Vermeil's already laid out full-course service more than once (c13 p07 ffs). Perhaps the lad's just showing good manners in returning a lady's favor?

Whatever the case, I respect the author's compassion. Prevailing trends would have the "gentleman-style" seinen romance MC vacillate between idiot terror & cruel indifference for at least 100 chapters before unzipping his human dimensions. Being a reader of tender heart, I sometimes worry the poor kitty will dry up & blow away unloved* 😿

Vermeil & her kitty deserve better. And justice, for once, prevails.

* said while glancing with sympathy in the direction of a certain divorced crybaby neighbor

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Also, Fatema should possibly be Fatima, but I don't know the og material and could be wrong. Could also be one of those Japanisms with their absolute inability to consistently/correctly name historical, mythological or religious names or characters.
I don't really know either, but I rather like "Fatema". Suggests a cross between Fatima and fate, which suits the character.

<pedant> Also, while "Fatima" is the most common romanization of the Arabic فَاطِمَة, it's but one of many reflecting variations in origin & pronunciation: Fatimah, Fathima, Fatema, Fatemah, Fatemeh, Fatma, etc. Not that I imagine the author gave it much thought... </pedant>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread