KiraKira★Study ~Zettai Goukaku Sengen~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - I will definitely pass

Dex-chan lover
Looks like I've found a sweet new CGDCT manga.

Dex-chan lover
Extremely gay and wholesome MCs and an extremely cute and kind dark-skinned/tanned teacher?

I'm in.

(thanks for the translation and I loved the notes at the end)

Fed-Kun's army
I’m in. I love our dumbass MC so much.

Thanks for the awesome scanlation!

Dex-chan lover
"Disliked foods: Carrots in hamburgers"

Uh, justified. Carrots don't fucking belong in hamburgers. Fine as a side dish/vegetable to go with it, but not... INSIDE... the fucking hamburger. Who even does that?

Contributor
@definitionofinsanity
Yes! I was about to ask the same thing. Shredded carrots for flavor/texture/nutrition/etc., that I can understand to an extent.
But is it really so common in wherever in Japan this story takes place that FMC specifically singles it out as a dislike?!

x4.jpg

JQ-

Group Leader
@definitionofinsanity @justforthelulz Yeah, I thought that was weird on first read, but since you two also brought it up, I went back to look at the raws and it turns out I misread that line slightly. Rather than disliking hamburgers (ハンバーガー) with carrots, what she actually dislikes is hamburger steak (ハンバー) with carrot. The latter is quite common, and would be something to dislike, unlike the former, which is weird even for Japan's...interesting burger construction standards.

Dex-chan lover
@jinmohl
Rather than disliking hamburgers (ハンバーガー) with carrots, what she actually dislikes is hamburger steak (ハンバーグ) with carrot. The latter is quite common, and would be something to dislike, unlike the former, which is weird even for Japan's...interesting burger construction standards.

That makes much more sense and also kinda fits with her childish character profile.
And dear god, yes, do the Japanese do bizarre things with foreign foods. "Hambagu" and "hambaga" aside, what they do with and name Italian food/pasta would likely give some Italians an aneurysm.
I know that might sound rather hypocritical coming from an American, where we routinely bastardize foreign foods, but for the most part we also recognize them as not being actually authentic and there is also a desire to have truly authentic foreign food here. (And this is also why I'm constantly surprised when the Japanese get very into authentic western things. I'm not shitting you, there was a Japanese airsoft group/team that got together with period correct gear/uniform/weapons and fought recreations of the Yugoslav wars. How... I don't even know how like dozens of guys all in an already niche hobby all wanted to do that and came together for it, but they did. HEMA is also catching on in Japan, despite the ability to actually own non-katana/Japanese swords being illegal (they only use non-edge training weapons, obviously).)

I can't even remember how many times I've seen depictions of ramen and thought it looked delicious and... basically the only way I'd ever be able to eat it is to learn on my own how to fix it from scratch (yeah, not happening with my cooking skills) or fly to Japan or one of the few authentic Japanese ramen shops here. Which, again, isn't likely.

Fed-Kun's army
TWO CONFESSIONS and HOLDING HANDS in the first chapter.. I love this already >w<

Thank you so much for the chapter, can't wait for the next one <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Users who are viewing this thread