Kiraware Majo to Karada ga Irekawatta Keredo, Watashi wa Kyou mo Genki ni Kurashiteimasu! - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
I'm taking bets
A: Knight was following her to observe, and will save her
B: A new hunk (like a ranged) would have come to investigate the spell and save her
C: She will befriend the dog somehow

Thanks for the chapter!

Ok so I checked it's A somehow
I don't speak Thai but the dude just... shows up??? And then carries her home??
Personally I think it's so stupid it's funny.
Bro literlly just spawned there
or he stalked her from the very beginning which is just so creepy :haa:

He was on the way to deliver the supplies she told him she's running low last time.

Then he saw the magic and came over to check.
Y'know, similar to how this monster came to find the source of the purification magic?

Dex-chan lover
He was on the way to deliver the supplies she told him she's running low last time.

Then he saw the magic and came over to check.
Y'know, similar to how this monster came to find the source of the purification magic?
Doesn't really change my point that much,
sure that is a somewhat reasonable explanation, but also so goddamn contrived
"He kinda just spawned there" might as well be the actual explanation

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I should've read the ending spoilers in the comments of the previous chapters. Now all I can think of while reading any new chapter is how
The 'good sister' will spend the rest of her life dealing with all the death, misery and destruction the other one caused, while said cause will get away mostly scot free with a body that can't use magic, a simple ''oh but I regret it now'' and absolutely nothing else. Feels like shitty storytelling

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I should've read the ending spoilers in the comments of the previous chapters. Now all I can think of while reading any new chapter is how
The 'good sister' will spend the rest of her life dealing with all the death, misery and destruction the other one caused, while said cause will get away mostly scot free with a body that can't use magic, a simple ''oh but I regret it now'' and absolutely nothing else. Feels like shitty storytelling

Unfortunately that's the nature of shoujos. Heroines who have a pretty obvious self-sacrifice / victimization fetish gets to enjoy their kink while villians gets to have a pretty relaxed "redemption" arc.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, to be fair, the witch's bad deed (taking away the sun thus harming lots of animal and human lives) is what allows for the bodyswap/soulswap to happen.

if they didn't swap, our MC definitely wouldn't have been able to do the ritual, and failing said ritual will 100% make her country suffer. Even MC thinks that there will be punishments/retributions such as food import restrictions, and her country relied on the food imports to survive.
If that happens, just as many (or even more) people will suffer because it's a punishment to her entire country.

so while unintentional, the bodyswap is actually a very good thing that the witch did.

and sure, doing one good thing doesn't negate your bad doing, but at least the witch is good enough to stop wrecking havoc when she swapped. Many stories would have the witch do more nefarious things while she's in a powerful position.. Or at least that's what I'm assuming, I haven't read the raws of this yet.

Dex-chan lover
If a story going through with that it said previously:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/174dbeb7-c1cf-4ab5-8843-3250021e20e7/15

is 'contrived' to you, you do you.
For some reason MangaDex didn't notify me of your answer, so sorry for the late answer:

Let's talk about the word "contrived" in stories for a bit, shall we?

personally I take it as "A story making things happen for the sake of making them happen, with no substantial set up"
(oxford languages says: "deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.")

What I mean with that in the context of this chapter, rather than the scene you just linked to, is that we did not see the knight in the effing forest before this whole thing with the beast goes down.

Think chekov's gun.

And no the scene you linked to doesn't count because this is a day after, but nowhere in chapter 8 did he say he would come the day after, only that he would come soon.

Maybe this is a translation thing, maybe it's not.

Either way, there is no reason to think that the knight is in the forest while this happens. Do you know why?

There is no set up.

No cut to him with flour in his hands sensing what she did and going in her direction, or of him buying the god damm flour in the first place. A panel of feet running letting us know someone is there and there are coming closer.

Nothing, nada, nichts.

Sure there is some wiggle room to say that the scene you linked too could be set up for the guy showing up.
Or it could be set up for something different later on where a flour delivery happens. Soon might mean tomorrow, two days from know or even a week.

So narrative wise the guy literally just spawned there

just so an event could happen, that put her in a vulnerable position, so she can bond with the guy.

It's not awful writing per se, because of the shrödingers set up you linked.
But it isn't good writing either.

It's creating a cliffhanger for the sake of creating a cliffhanger. Story flow and quality be damned.

So you know what, I will do me.

Because if being me means having a proper grasp on basic story structure and the difference between cheap tricks and actual narrative pay offs, then being me is certainly not a bad thing.

hope that helps <3

Dex-chan lover
For some reason MangaDex didn't notify me of your answer, so sorry for the late answer:

Because if being me means having a proper grasp on basic story structure and the difference between cheap tricks and actual narrative pay offs, then being me is certainly not a bad thing.

If by that you means lacking the ability to grasp that there's a time difference between when she used the magic and when the monster attack.
Or the part about her magic will affect such a large area that she even told Grieja to stay home + tell the squirrels to leave the area and warn others to stay out of it i.e. it's gonna be very noticeable (y'know, rotten forest -> lush forest scene)

Or the guy choosing to fulfill the request the very next day after making the promise is a hint into what kind of character he is.
Instead of 'waaah author didn't setup WHEN he's going to do it therefore it doesn't count'

Yeah sure, you do you. I'd disagree on it being 'not a bad thing' though.

Dex-chan lover
If by that you means lacking the ability to grasp that there's a time difference between when she used the magic and when the monster attack.
Or the part about her magic will affect such a large area that she even told Grieja to stay home + tell the squirrels to leave the area and warn others to stay out of it i.e. it's gonna be very noticeable (y'know, rotten forest -> lush forest scene)

Or the guy choosing to fulfill the request the very next day after making the promise is a hint into what kind of character he is.
Instead of 'waaah author didn't setup WHEN he's going to do it therefore it doesn't count'

Yeah sure, you do you. I'd disagree on it being 'not a bad thing' though.

I'm not complaining that the guy is there at all, all I said from the very start was that the pacing, set up and flow to this scene are hilariously mediocre in their implementation
you are the one who is being needlessly rude, defensive and quite frankly an asshole for no reason, over a fucking joke.

Also, again, because it doesn't seem to translate to you

when you write a piece of media, there is something called a set up and a pay off.

A narrative that continuesly chooses to disregard that, in favor of cliffhangers that serve no purpose other than to cheaply create tension that it resolves the very next chapter, by explaining the elements that should have been properly introduced before the pay off (or at least hinted at)? that's mediocre writing at best.

Or to make it even more clear,
I was not really critizing the author for making the knight save her from the situation itself, I'm making a joke about the fact that the lack of proper narrative elements make the appearance of the knight objectively abrupt in terms of story flow, resulting in a hilarious disparancy in the way the story is meant to be percieved vs. how it's actually read.

Especially without the added context of language

You decided to be a condecending asshole know it all, who deigned themselves to explain the context of the scene to me. Completely ignoring the fact a) the context doesn't matter because I was talking about the way the funny little pictures told the story without the context and b) virtually nothing you said disproves anything I said, all you did in this conversation is take completely different meanings from my points and then argue based on these.

I was making points about the technical aspects of story telling in terms of the implementation of narrative devices like checkhov's gun and where this story fails to properly execute them.

You tried to disprove this by making claims about the feasibility of the knights appearance, that while not wrong, have nothing really to do with either my point nor my joke.

The knights appearance while possible and somewhat hinted at within an in world level of set up, were utterly failed to be properly executed and highlighted on a technical level in terms of panel composition and story flow, again, the point of my joke

So all of this:

If by that you means lacking the ability to grasp that there's a time difference between when she used the magic and when the monster attack.​
Or the part about her magic will affect such a large area that she even told Grieja to stay home + tell the squirrels to leave the area and warn others to stay out of it i.e. it's gonna be very noticeable (y'know, rotten forest -> lush forest scene)​
Or the guy choosing to fulfill the request the very next day after making the promise is a hint into what kind of character he is.​
Instead of 'waaah author didn't setup WHEN he's going to do it therefore it doesn't count'​

means nothing

-the fact that there is a time difference between the monster attack and her using magic is irrelevant
-the fact that forest turned lush again is irrelevant
-The idea him coming the very next day to deliver flour is an important of characterization -> the only true thing, but also irrelevant to my points
-"waaah author didn't setup WHEN he's going to do it therefore it doesn't count" -> quite frankly, wtf does that even mean?
what doesn't count? That he's there and saving her? cliche but I already said in way to many ways that, that wasn't quiete the point of my joke.

I was saying that a panel showing him in the area would make the story flow better, both in his sudden appearance saving her and the flow of the scene in terms of tension it-self. (It didn't even have to be him specifically, non descriptive legs runnig through the forrest or something along the lines would have been enough)

also I'm talking about this chapter specifically because it make more sense in terms of pacing rather than putting a scene like that in the next chapter, which is also the chapter she get's saved in.

Are you getting it now, because I'm running out of differnt way to try to explain it

Dex-chan lover

Are you getting it now, because I'm running out of differnt way to try to explain it

All I'm really getting is you're waaay obsessed with defending that 'joke' while it's made from skimming a chapter you can't even understand.

By your logic the very start with the squirrels is 'contrived' because there's no build up to it (since the promise was made in even earlier chapter)

Oh and apparently chekov's gun has to be used in the same episode/chapter it's shown according to you AND has to be built up such that the audience can even predict it's coming.

p.s. the knight isn't even in THIS chapter, so you're complaining about the next chapter where you don't know what's going on and just make assumptions on your own.

Dex-chan lover
All I'm really getting is you're waaay obsessed with defending that 'joke' while it's made from skimming a chapter you can't even understand.

If you ONLY focus on this chapter then sure your argument might make sense, but as a whole it's very stupid since you're only treating THIS chapter as a standalone instead of, y'know, the whole thing being a narrative.

By that logic the very start with the squirrels is 'contrived' because there's no build up to it (since the promise was made in even earlier chapter)

Oh and apparently chekov's gun has to be used in the same episode/chapter it's shown according to you AND has to be built up such that the audience can even predict it's coming.

Because that is quite literally the point of the joke and this whole discussion. THAT IS THE JOKE
With out the context the knight guy spanws there and kills the monster

that's the joke

If you ONLY focus on this chapter then sure your argument might make sense, but as a whole it's very stupid since you're only treating THIS chapter as a standalone instead of, y'know, the whole thing being a narrative.
I'm not doing that, i'm simply analizing this chapter as set up for the next and where it fails to deliver on that front

Oh and apparently chekov's gun has to be used in the same episode/chapter it's shown according to you AND has to be built up such that the audience can even predict it's coming.​

No that is, once again, not my point. I quite literally said, that if the knight is supposed to be a "secret" savior of some kind that he could obscured or whatever works.

Also do you understand what chekov's gun refers to? because I don't think you do.
showing a person, thing, etc. in a throw away panel or something that is implied to run towards her while she is in danger from a beastwould be SHOWING THE GUN

Being saved next chapter is SHOOTING THE GUN

The reason all this set up would have to happen this chapter is because using more or even less chapters is worse for the pacing. There is nothing that could be added in chapter 7 to make for a good set up and next chapter would be too short. dragging this whole saving thing out by more chapters is even worse of an idea.

your points continue to completely miss what I'm saying

Dex-chan lover
Because that is quite literally the point of the joke and this whole discussion. THAT IS THE JOKE
With out the context the knight guy spanws there and kills the monster

And it makes you look stupid because as someone who CAN read, the chapter itself explains how he got there (you know flashback is a thing?)

So to me your first post was a stupid take from someone who can't read, then when pointed out your take is wrong you decide to double down your take.
It's like someone making MTL translation, get told 'hey this part is wrong' and decide to go "NUH UH I'M RIGHT"

And the more you keep trying to defend that take the more I think you're stupid.

Also do you understand what chekov's gun refers to? because I don't think you do.
showing a person, thing, etc. in a throw away panel or something that is implied to run towards her while she is in danger from a beastwould be SHOWING THE GUN

Now I don't think YOU know chekov's gun.
"Chekhov's Gun is a narrative principle where an element introduced into a story first seems unimportant but will later take on great significance."
'SEEMS UNIMPORTANT'

If a panel shows he's rushing towards her, that's not a fucking chekov's gun.

Dex-chan lover

And it makes you look stupid because as someone who CAN read, the chapter itself explains how he got there (you know flashback is a thing?)

So to me your first post was a stupid take from someone who can't read, then when pointed out your take is wrong you decide to double down your take.
It's like someone making MTL translation, get told 'hey this part is wrong' and decide to go "NUH UH I'M RIGHT"

And the more you keep trying to defend that take the more I think you're stupid.

Now I don't think YOU know chekov's gun.
"Chekhov's Gun is a narrative principle where an element introduced into a story first seems unimportant but will later take on great significance."
'SEEMS UNIMPORTANT'

If a panel shows he's rushing towards her, that's not a fucking chekov's gun.
1) chekovs gun was used as example for set up and pay off and the way it should be used in the pacing of plots and panels, it just kinda stuck

also there are slight variations to the way it's used

The version I know of is "Every introduced story element should have a purpose, if you describe a gun in someones office that gun should get fired throughout the course of the story"

2)CHAPTER 10 EXPLAINS HOW HE GOT THERE, CHAPTER 9 ENDS WITH HER GETTING ATTACKED BY THE BEAST

CHAPTER 10 ISN'T TRANSLATED YET (at least on Mangadex, by the time I made that Joke)

So I went to the fucking Thai translation (I can't read thai) to see what of the three bets it ended up being, saw that he literally appeared in the very first panels of the chapter (nothing in chapter 9 shows him as far as I'm concerned) and made a joke about that

that's all that happend.

A scene that's meant to be cool looked stupid to me because the guy literally just appeared out of nowhere with an explanation only added afterwards, I made a joke.

You decided to be a self righteous douche and correct something I DID NOT EVEN SAY

You decided to be a condescending asshole who keeps misinterpreting everything I say

You are the dumbass who took a joke as "take" you needed to correct with your oh so better opinion that isn't even factually correct.

the biggest joke here is your ego

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A scene that's meant to be cool looked stupid to me because the guy literally just appeared out of nowhere with an explanation only added afterwards, I made a joke.

An explanation that, in your own word, you couldn't understand. So I doubt you really knew it was explained when you made that 'joke'.

Also you:
Doesn't really change my point that much,
sure that is a somewhat reasonable explanation, but also so goddamn contrived
"He kinda just spawned there" might as well be the actual explanation

If you didn't decide to be defensive first and go 'yeah I don't know what's going on so I just made a joke' maybe I'd believe you.

Right now everything you say to me just look like excuses for being 'wrong'.

The version I know of is "Every introduced story element should have a purpose, if you describe a gun in someones office that gun should get fired throughout the course of the story"

Which, if you'd notice, doesn't say when/how it's to be used, that it only does.
And what was your reply to me showing him saying he'll be back?
And no the scene you linked to doesn't count because this is a day after, but nowhere in chapter 8 did he say he would come the day after, only that he would come soon.
So to you chekov's gun has to be...predictable?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You are the dumbass who took a joke as "take" you needed to correct with your oh so better opinion that isn't even factually correct.

the only joke here is your ego

Well, I CAN read the RAW (has been, finished the WN before this whole translation started even)
So my initial correction was, in fact, factually correct unlike you who admitted you couldn't even read.

So what does that make your ego at? Flat earther?

p.s. Ignore button is a thing if my replies are enraging you that much.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
An explanation that, in your own word, you couldn't understand. So I doubt you really knew it was explained when you made that 'joke'.

Also you:

If you didn't decide to be defensive first and go 'yeah I don't know what's going on so I just made a joke' maybe I'd believe you.

Right now everything you say to me just look like excuses for being 'wrong'.

Which, if you'd notice, doesn't say when/how it's to be used, that it only does.
And what was your reply to me showing him saying he'll be back?

So to you chekov's gun has to be...predictable?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, I CAN read the RAW (has been, finished the WN before this whole translation started even)
So my initial correction was, in fact, factually correct unlike you who admitted you couldn't even read.

So what does that make your ego at? Flat earther?

p.s. Ignore button is a thing if my replies are enraging you that much.
not being a bitch towards other people online is usually the first answer, not "just ignore me being an asshat"

again and again because you really don't seem to get it

I made the joke, knowing roughly, what was happening because understanding context through pictures is a thing. So I saw these two have talk after he saved her and figurered "oh here it's probably explained? idk how still funny how he just appeared behind the monster" which was completely irrelevant to making the joke because no ones thinks they have to make a 10 page essay evertime they make a joke

Doesn't really change my point that much, sure that is a somewhat reasonable explanation, but also so goddamn contrived "He kinda just spawned there" might as well be the actual explanation​

not quite sure what your point is?
I made the joke, you decided to go "well actually 🤓" i and answered that your explanation doesn't change much of what my joke is about. Sure there is an in world reason for him to exist, but that's not what my joke is about. Especially because "He kept his promise dutifully and came the next day" can be summoned up to "He here" or "Yeah he just appeared behind the thing"

If you didn't decide to be defensive first and go 'yeah I don't know what's going on so I just made a joke' maybe I'd believe you. Right now everything you say to me just look like excuses for being 'wrong'.​
literally what went wrong in your life? who writes stuff like that chest out proud, like that is embarrassing. Excuses for being wrong, to whom? you are a midly annoying asshat online. The only reason I reply to this conversation is spite.

You didn't get the joke (and still don't, somehow) and decided to start a discussion about it, I tried being casul and your condescending attitude kept pissing me off. Also it was two am for me yesterday so who tf knows how well I explained my points.

Which, if you'd notice, doesn't say when/how it's to be used, that it only does. And what was your reply to me showing him saying he'll be back?​
So to you chekov's gun has to be...predictable? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm​

why did 2am have to try explain basic story flow in comics with the example of chekov gun instead of the animation princle of tension and release

my point there was that the knight saying he's coming back soon doesn't help the narrative in terms of technical story flow, which resulted in an akwardly paced moment that I found funny, which was the joke.

So to you chekov's gun has to be...predictable? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm​

No and yes, chekovs gun is usually paired with other things like red herrings or the like, which makes them less predictable. But again trying to explain the technical implementation of story beats through it was probably not the best move. Not necessarily wrong but if someone decides to focus on virtually every other aspect, rather than the one I meant and referenced, set up and pay off, tension and release it gets confusing quick.

Well, I CAN read the RAW (has been, finished the WN before this whole translation started even) So my initial correction was, in fact, factually correct unlike you who admitted you couldn't even read.​

do you want a gold star or something for that? here, you read the raws ★

Also, while you can read the raws, you certainly don't know to read english given the fact that I said explicitly, that I don't know thai,never did I say that I don't know how to read. This is, once again, you intentionally misinterpreting my words in an attempt to what? Make a dig at me? Embarrassing

Also no, what I meant with factually wrong is that you tried to correct something that never even intended to say the meaning of what you corrected

Ok so I checked it's A somehow I don't speak Thai but the dude just... shows up??? And then carries her home?? Personally I think it's so stupid it's funny. Bro literlly just spawned there or he stalked her from the very beginning which is just so creepy :haa:
He shows up suddenly and carried her home, that was the point of the joke, if it get's explained afterwards that still counts into the suddenly because he still appeared out of nowhere which is what i referenced, my previous point towards the flour scene was that it doesn't have any indicator to be relevant until after he appeared and saved her, because nothing in that scene indicates that he would come or be in the area tomorrow. Which I already said might be a translation thing making it a weird area to base a discussion around.

stalked her refers to every ml who ever did that (takes a drag out of a cigar soo many ML's who did that)

So what does that make your ego at? Flat earther?​

No my ego has been taken out to the back like dog and shot since early childhood. Spite and skittles have replaced it.

also for good measure
An explanation that, in your own word, you couldn't understand. So I doubt you really knew it was explained when you made that 'joke'.​
obligatory "explanation doesn't even mean shit because not having the full explanation is the joke"

"you didn't decide to be defensive first"
all did was go, okay? doesn't change the point of the joke much

You were the one who decided to escalate things by repeatedly intentionally misinterpreting what I said and attempting to argue a point that means nothing towards my original post.

Because at this point I doubt this isn't intentional

Dex-chan lover
because no ones thinks they have to make a 10 page essay evertime they make a joke

proceed to make pages of essay trying to defend a joke, repeatedly

ok, whatever you say
Btw, have you heard of this:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontExplainTheJoke

my joke is about.

the joke that's basically "I'm baka gaijin and can't read the explanation therefore I'mma pull one outta the ass for lulz"?

wasn't funny, and see above why your 'follow up' attempts made it worse.

You were the one who decided to escalate things by repeatedly intentionally misinterpreting what I said and attempting to argue a point that means nothing towards my original post.

last I check you're the one who went full essay writing on me first, I only said you calling something 'contrived' just because YOU didn't expect it was...well, 'you do you'

the 'essay' that ended with this btw:
So you know what, I will do me.

hope that helps <3

Don't see any reason to be civil if you want to be smug ass about it.

Users who are viewing this thread