Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Kissmanga only for a few reasons:
1. Official Translations that are obviously not allowed here, but tbh I don't remember which ones. Most of them were Chinese/Korean where the official translation was locked behind an app that either required tickets/coins/etc with questionable/bad translation quality.
2. Scanlation groups that pulled their work from MD and I couldn't find a good source for them. Sometimes I could find there site, but others I couldn't. Even if I could find their scanlation site, I have ran into situations where pages are missing and/or low quality where I must go to an aggregator to actually read them.

@sterven are you asking about this site ? if this about this site, i read about several comment on this site in some manga chapters its good but navigation on page 1,2,3,4 on comments is difficult
i think maybe mangadex can add disqus comment section :)

Get ready for 2021 https://mobile.twitter.com/renaipetenshi/status/1294672117951324160/photo/1

Will it be harder to rip digital raws from jpn sites when their copyright law is fully in effect?

My 8 years of bookmarked manga and anime got nuked on the site I literally added some bookmarks 2 days ago all that hard work is now gone... I guess I have to rediscover them

Fed-Kun's army
Smooch Mango kicked the bucket? About time. I assume it imploded from being flooded by intrusive ads like their animu site did, which is the reason I switched to sites running off of donations. It didn't really feel like the owners of those sites care much about UX or UI, as pretty much any other mango site has the search results page set up better, especially on mobile. Rest in pieces, good riddance. To the people who didn't migrate to here, hopefully the one they went to isn't complete shit.

I'm a tad surprised it didn't go down sooner, with how annoying the UX and UI was, on top of the ads and obvious lie of why they don't want you using an ad blocker. Some time in the near future, people will flush the memory like you do when you take a poo in the toilet. That's pretty much what they eventually became over time after all.

Dex-chan lover
I used kissmanga back in the day cuz to be honest the community there is awesome. Having fun reading the comments each chapter. And even now i still visit their comment section, but not anymore... F for kissmanga.

@MrMedoMan Holy shite, i thought i was the only one doing that. i read manga on mangadex but i still visit kissmanga because of the comment section.

Double-page supporter
yep, its only a matter of time now for mangadex to also be taken down... better start prepping to hit another site.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@MangaMeka We're completely immune to the cause of Kissmanga's demise. Not that other issues don't exist, but we're no more at risk now than we were a day ago.

Contributor
@nuttydesu

That whole “two years for piracy” thing has apparently been around since 2012. Seriously, are you all going to wave that image around as if it’s the gospel?

Dex-chan lover
I used to use KissManga/Anime a looong time ago. Back before some of you were even born probably. It's a shame that another site has bit za dusto.

If all you refugees are looking for some good recommendations, I'd recommend this title. It has a little something for everyone.
we're no more at risk now than we were a day ago.
This is reassuring to hear (yes I said hear instead of read, I use a text-to-speech A.I.). I don't want to lose one of my favorite sites to shitpost on. The manga here is a pretty good plus as well.

emGKaS1t.jpg

Happy reading, friends!

kissmanga used to be my go to when i wanted to read an unavailable chapter. any alternatives?

Group Leader
To be honest, I was totally afraid about all those 2021 law thingy. But reading from this page :
which includes this statement:
"The law makes it illegal to operate websites, apps, or even posting download links on message boards, with penalties up to 5 years in jail or a fine of 5 million yen (US$46,800), or both. Though the law only covers websites run by people inside Japan. This part of the law comes into effort on October 1, 2020."

Though I haven't read the exact law clauses myself, and can't confirm if that statement is true or not.
So hopefully overseas fans won't have to face repercussions for scanlating, sharing, downloading, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread