Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be very insensitive if I said "Serves them right"? Being a pirated site that even shafted the scanalators and fan translators and continuously found newer ways to annoy visitors to turn off ad blockers as well as trying to secretly farm crypto using the visitor's computers, I really feel no sympathy towards that group of scum. I hope they get caught and sent to jail.

Dex-chan lover
Another day, another reminder to always hoard and backup on your own end the series you like/plan to read.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Whoo yikes a lot of you are going to have to learn how to adapt to this site or find a new aggregator. There's a lot of complaining in this thread.

Mangadex won't have all your chapters, but this is the most ethical way to share scanlations. They aren't taking profit from series that have official translation/publishing avenues. The scanlators get control over uploads. Series that do have official online hostings get links to the official sites. It's a format that prioritizes the creators as much as we can as pirates.

I may not get as much content as I would if I were on a different site, but I really appreciate the consideration mangadex tries to show.

@PoopyPants Except it is objectively less ethical making money off of something that isn't yours than simply sharing it among a free community.

And KMs practices WERE incredibly bad - can't argue there.

well then, rip. i read somewhere that japan is shutting down all manga/anime pirating sites. i have no clue if that's true or not. so eh..

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Komaru @shiko101 @LeiaSakura @Joshelplex @halloween20 That law has fuck-all to do with Kissmanga dying, and the only effect it might have on the western community is making early raws (before the official JP release) less accessible. Pretty much irrelevant.

@PoopyPants
That shit hole had more content and updated faster than this site or any other.
No, the site that ripped 95% of their content from MD did not update faster than MD.

oh, alright. but, now i wonder how long kissmanga was around? not counting each domaine. like, when was it first made?
or just how many years it's been around?

Dex-chan lover
CLxgKWq.gif

Aggregator gang
after they started blocking ad-blockers, this was just a matter of time. i bet they ran out of funds, not actually killed by copyright fags

Contributor
@Wildfire_desu
Ad
Ad-Blocker
Ad-Blocker Blocker
Ad-Blocker Blocker Blocker
Ad-Blocker Blocker Blocker Blocker
There was never going to be an end to the Arms Race other than the NUKE EVERYTHING option.

why not just link the manga/chapters that aren't available here to the scanlators site since some chose to not upload/update here, i know some do(ex:black clover) ,that way i would know when they update new chapters and i would not be forced to follow an aggregator site for the manga that aren't here. i don't know if its too much work ,just a suggestion .

Contributor
@ikki_kun
why not just link the manga/chapters that aren't available here to the scanlators site since some chose to not upload/update here
Because it's not the responsibility of MangaDex staff to advertise for groups that don't want to be associated with MD in the first place.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/08/kissanime-kissmanga-shut-down-copyright-claims-crunchyroll/

Well, I'm kinda worried guys, I think this establishes a bad precedent (+ MangaRock).

😪i just miss the comment section 😪there was so much conversations in the comments section about meaning of life with manga with every chapter and the fights between who justifies the actions of the characters and debate with other users , and there also comments tell if the manga was worth reading.... and most of people were enjoying and each users had all difference perspective of there own opinion of there dislikes and like ,right or wrong, in each chapters and. above all users who told they genuinely cried over a manga on some chapters where at its moments like heartbreaking scenes ,breathtaking scenes , happy joys scenes ,sad scenes , and praising achievement of MC glory moments scenes , bad ass moments scenes ......
.... damn i miss them all..........................😪

i use animedao for anime and it's been a good option for me for years @deerafl

fuck kissanime and kissmanga their practices were shady and scummy i'm glad they are dead

Dex-chan lover
KM following system was way better that this one on MD, i guess i now need to get used to this site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread