Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
NO.jpg

j/k I approve 10/10 summary would DMCA again

Contributor
That's all OK, they were just ripping from MangaDex anyway, no offence.

But it is worrisome since that raises the chances of other things dying, and if something like Mangakakalot died that'd be pretty sad since they host things MangaDex can't for reasons. Troublesome times, indeed, it's so tiresome waiting for Net2.0 to start so that we'd get a free unregulated internet for a few decades once again.

Dex-chan lover
oh yey my post became the closing statement
and imo nobody should worry about md getting shot down like km. at least not until either the great US, CCP, or our glorious motherland Russia rule over the world

Hello I'm new here.
I just wondering why I cant see chapter list from some manga, but after I search in through google I can see them in separate page?

Group Leader
next they'll come for you. the ultimate goal of mangadex should be complete p2p decentralization.

Group Leader
@bastek66 @Sogno @Asmonski
Or you can bookmark them to your browser, lol. I'm surprised no one has even mentioned this.

QS8v9vEl.png

The above is a part of an ancient list from a looooong time ago when I still loved to kiss manga. Of course, now I do more than just kissing, i.e. I have manga *ex

Kissmanga and kissanime are gone but do you guys know that Kisshentai is still alive? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
02IfNNol.png

Regarding Japan's revised anti-online piracy law, just read a shit-ton of legal documents from the Agency for Cultural Affairs​ of Japan and I can confirm: from the legal point of view, this revision has virtually no direct impact on the current state of mangadex whatsoever.

To be more specific, the new law only tightens the ban on (1) DOWNLOADING pirated manga, magazines, etc. or (2) OPERATING leech websites or apps with LINKS to download said contents. Tightening here means they introduce specific penalties for those offences: jail, millions of Yen fines, loss of the otaku title, among other things...

Now, with respect to the question: "How does this affect MD?":
(1) Downloading? - Nope, it's the scanlators that download contents, not MD. MD only hosts uploaded pirated contents, which is already banned years ago anyway, so no direct impact.
(2) Operating leech websites? - Nope, MD does not collect and present download links to pirated contents, MD already hosts the contents anyway..., so no direct impact.

So here we are, the direct threats to MD's existence do not increase at all from this new law. MD is still being glared at by publishers as usual. However, from my humble knowledge, I can see a notable indirect impact: The fact that they introduce this law means they're getting more serious in controlling piracy and that could only lead to more bad news in the future. Nonetheless, as long as there are other countries that don't care about piracy as much as Japan (and I know a lot don't), MD will still probably be fine in the near future.

Dex-chan lover
@kazzuma Jamini Box scanlates that and has elected not to upload on MD. Scanlators have a choice to use MD or not. You can read it on their website

Glad I decided to sign up during the start of pandemic. 😁
Discovered KA when I'm still in high school, those days are so epic I must say Hahaha love those unlimited episodes of my fave animes... Unfortunately, Internet during that time sucks and I wasn't able to download everything I want. 😔😔😔

Dex-chan lover
Had registered MD from around last year for emergency but didn't import most of my KM bookmark yet. Now I have just finished importing them all MANUALLY, thanks to procrastination. Well maybe not all, but I guess I feel I have more than 90% of them here now.

@naimasitiayot the people like me who have been following things like Skip Beat for more than a decade. Can you imagine waiting over ten years for the confession or a kiss scene in a romance manga?
I'm a grown man now, my whole damn life's gone by, AND WE STILL havent made any progress

I Remember that time I was a refugee from bato.to when the original owner close its servers, it takes me back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread