Kissmanga has kissed goodbye to their servers: Refugees welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
It's the end of an era, huh?

KissAnime is fucking ancient. It's baffling that it was so popular when it was also so egregiously terrible. I've long since moved on to actual functional websites since the legal options aren't that bad anymore, but I still have a place in my heart for KissAnime.

Welcome to all refugees.

2020.. I thought the disaster for this month ended with those big fireworks.. but I was wrong.. I had to remake my manga list because I forgot to save it and now I'm a refugee..

Welcome to all. We're a happy community here, so just don't be jerks and we'll all get along fine.

Servers will be about ready to choke us all to death, though.

As a kissmanga refugee and forgot to save my bookmark list, I am actually kinda surprise to see that i remember and can found most of my marked mangas.

Aggregator gang
Yeah can't even say RIP for that pos site. The owner will be back and slap together some other pos site to collect ad revenue off other people's work, they've been around for a while. It's an important lesson that if a site looks sketchy and acts sketchy it's going to be run sketchy and die sooner or later. Don't get emotionally invested.

Shoutout to the oldtimers who used to download files from IRC channels.

Reading online is easier than my old method of having 100 scanlation sites on rss feeds, but it's also easier to lose everything. I still have all the manga I read from like 2007+ backed up. If you can't afford to buy physical releases, at least get a torrent and stash it somewhere if you want to keep a copy of your favourite series. Even licensed e-book releases have DRM on them so they'll be lost to time too if you don't crack them. And while I'm at it, don't trust licensed anime streaming sites either. Once they're gone, they're gone. Save up and buy a 2TB HDD and start torrenting, it'll be worth it.

I can only remember the name of a few titles I used to read. I lost so much lmfao Who else?

Dex-chan lover
Another aggregator dies, another 5 will likely appear this year, at the very least. I left MangaHere for this site, due to faster page loads and other factors.

Dex-chan lover
Mangadex needs to strengthen our defenses, as another nation falls, one day they may come after us 😩

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread